[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

Halloween is my jam. We usually throw a "kids party for adults" (cupcakes, Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown) and then try to go to a couple of "grown-up" parties. I love passing out candy, too, although last year there weren't many kids (and a couple of them were pretty snotty).

My OH and I also really love carving pumpkins. Here are a couple of my favorites.

OH's Beer Pumpkin (filled with ice and beer):
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/963ed68d-ba67-4c8e-a27a-72ad2e6b6085_zpsb6012a9b.jpg

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/8356c746-5bf1-46fa-9576-c92445057128_zpsb616d5f3.jpg

OH's Big Lebowski pumpkin and my Sesame Street pumpkin:
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/photo_zps6e4113ad.jpg

Those pumpkins are amazing tx! I am so impressed.

I think one of the reasons Halloween hasn't been so big here is that we celebrate guy Fawkes night on November 5th, they are pretty close and bonfire night had always been more widely celebrated.

I can't wait to see pics of your fancy dress costumes everyone. I'm going to have to do sthg this year.

JJ, glad you're interested! I love that stuff too. Have always been interested in it. Sometimes it gets pretty freaky, though. And while it makes for awesome stories, sometimes you realize what you're telling people and go, "Oh great. There's no way in hell they believe this! I'm sounding like a crazy person!"

Tx, those pumpkins are freaking awesome!

I have to say, a few of you ladies have hit on something I can't wait for: Taking a little one trick-or-treating! :cloud9:

Mrs JJ- that shirt is awesome!!

My parents were always really into Halloween, especially my dad. They always had (adult) parties with their friends. My dad would build a maze in our basement full of creepy things. One year my brother and I had the job of grabbing people's ankles when they walked through (in the mostly darkness).

Omg, The Dude! That's the best fucking pumpkin I've ever seen!

I wish I liked pumpkin carving more. I actually do like it, I just hate pumpkin guts and my hand gets tired carving. :haha: I did make a pretty sweet cat one year, I'll have to find the photo to share.

Fezzle, that reminds me... when I was a kid in my old neighborhood the cute boy next door used to go ALL OUT! His front yard would be so scary and awesome! That's part of the reason I loved Halloween so much even growing up cause I was so in love with that boy. Good thing I married him!

I want to celebrate Guy Fawkes! *pout*

When I was a kid in my old neighborhood the cute boy next door used to go ALL OUT! His front yard would be so scary and awesome! That's part of the reason I loved Halloween so much even growing up cause I was so in love with that boy. Good thing I married him!

Super adorable love story!

I love those shirts JJ. I may have to order the superhero shirt in hot pink for E and me.

I was hoping I would be pregnant during halloween so I could do this:

https://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/zombiebaby.jpg

Maybe next year I can at least do this:

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/28/a7/33/28a7334228234e046581796564612508.jpg

Haha love it Lilly! I was thinking of doing something like that too for this year.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but another thing that is super popular are haunted mazes in theme parks. Out here in California we have Fright Night at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Horror Nights at Universal Studios, Knott's Scary Farm and then Los Angeles Haunted Hay Rides. These are pretty cool and boy can they be scary! lol

Another thing about Halloween out here is its also an excuse for dressing naughty/slutty. :lol: College Halloween parties were not about bobbing for apples and eating Snickers bars. :rofl: They were basically house parties where there'd be a lot of drinking, music and usually a lot of fun. :blush:

Kids get dressed up and trick-or-treat around the neighborhoods and shopping centers. Churches have started doing truck-or-treat where they hold some sort of event at the church parking lot and the kids get dressed up and go car to car and get candy from other church members.

And for us, we're scuba divers, we've done pumpkin carving contests underwater. We carved a stormtrooper (from Star Wars). :happydance:

Attachments

• Pumpkin carving.jpg
    Pumpkin carving.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
Yes, I can attest to slutty Halloween college parties. Our college paranormal investigation group threw a Halloween party the one year I was actually in college. I was a... slutty... maid... cat girl... thing. :rofl:

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/216586_5919863542_111_n_zpsd510eb30.jpg

Man, I wish I hadn't worn those fishnet stockings. :haha:

Mrs JJ I think I'm all hormonal today cus that story about your DH made me well up! (Pull yourself together Nicki...)

GP, definitely up for hearing about some paranormal spooky stuff. (And seeing what outfit you come up with this year )

Lily - that baby through the T-shirt was fab-u-Lous.

Haha, Nicki, that was in 2007. And it was the last time I ever dressed up for Halloween. More than likely won't dress up, unless we go to a Halloween party at the pub or something.

Trying to think of which story to tell. I wish I could upload sound clips to Photobucket! I think the only way I'd be able to share EVPs would be through YouTube. I loooove EVPs!

I'll get something together.

Mrs. JJ: I want to get a shirt like that too actually.

Lilly: OMG those are too funny, I wonder how many people would freak out, hahaha.

I try to carve pumpkins too, but I am not as creative, just make the usual eyes and mouth thing. lol

Awesome! I love Halloween and feel like this will be a lucky cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->