[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

Yay for La Bruja! Now for Operation Halloween BFP!

Yay Snackster ! Your witch is here, you are here, it's ttc time for you again :happydance:

Loooove Halloween. And dressing all slutty. (Anyone else get tired of people complaining about that? Don't do it if you don't like it! Lol) Not sure what we're doing this year. We've talked about having a party, but I'm not sure we will. I have a costume from last year almost finished- we didn't end up doing anything so I didn't finish putting it together. Boooooo.

Hey.... Have you guys noticed? BFP in October = out of the first tri right about Christmas. What a fun announcement that would make!! (Um, yes, I've already checked would my due date would be.....)

My siblings want to have a Halloween Party, Location: My house.

I said it was cool as long as I didn't have to do anything. lol

We'll just cus I'm nice I might make some goodies. But I am not in a hostess mood. We'll see though. I want a good excuse to wear that skeleton shirt.

Yay for La Bruja, Snacky! :happydance:

Today I stalked up on more Halloween decorations at Target! :dance:

And look what I saw today!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 6
:happydance: for AF Snack heres to a birthday bfp

Lilly those totally freaked me out i am sure to have some sort of dream about Elliot escaping from my belly now :haha: but cool ideas

Yeah Bonfire night is bigger with all the fireworks etc :)

I am looking forward to living Halloween through you guys :thumbup:

Mrs JJ- that is such a cute story!

I love all the Halloween pregnancy and baby costumes!

Snack- hurrah for the witch!

I love all of the costumes and stories! I particularly love the skeleton baby shirt!

I think I must be the boringest person ever when it comes to halloween! I didn't grow up in a neighborhood so we didn't trick or treat (so there wasn't much sense in buying costumes). My parents did (and still do) host a Hall-o-weenie Roast every year in October, but it is more about getting shit faced than it is about Halloween.

I told DH that after Halloween I was going to the after sales and get baby a bunch of stuff for next year, haha. He just looked at me weird and said OK. Can't wait!!!

This year we might just give out candies while watching some scary movies. Last year my nephews came to my house and I took them to a block I had heard gave out good candies. Well it was a great street, we got so many candy, and good ones too.

Oh that reminds me...Jimmy Kimmel does this thing where the next day the parents hide the candy and say they ate it and tape the kids reactions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMuorX2mgrw

So does Halloween last like all month in the US? A little bit like Christmas or is this just the weekend & day type thing?

Over here Halloween is generally only the weekend closest to Halloween & the actual day but I am starting to get the impression it is ALOT bigger in the US??

:wacko:

@Twag, they started putting out Halloween stuff in stores in August here. It's pretty crazy, really.

The majority of the celebrations and trick-or-treating are the weekend before, the week of, or the weekend after.

We have some Christmas stuff in the stores but no Halloween yet :shrug: go figure :haha:

Around here, they sanction a night with a curfew (usually a school night to keep the kids from being out too late) for trick-or-treating. It's almost never the 31st. TRAVESTY. I don't know why it pisses me off so. I guess because when I was growing up, it was always the 31st, and that was THE NIGHT. Halloween is sacred. You don't fuck with that shit.

Christmas stuff in the stores already, Twag?! Eh! Hate that! And after working retail for so many years, the sound of holiday music literally makes me nauseous. If I have to hear Jessica Simpson sing "Santa, Baby" one more time in my life, I will perhaps go completely postal.

Luckily no Christmas songs in the shops yet as I agree drives me nutz when you have to listen to them for months & months on end but there is certainly Christmas stuff in the shops seems to get earlier and earlier! Mama & Papa's have loads of Christmas baby stuff it has been in there for weeks!! :wacko: but only a teeny tiny section of baby Halloween stuff :wacko:

Target has some amazing Halloween stuff. Once we get our house back in order and move the daybed into the "nursery", I will have to go get a few sweet Halloween things. I saw a few last night and loved them. Can't wait for our new chair and couch to arrive on the 2nd so I can get that bedroom done and put some Halloween decor up!

Ginger, I *think* trick or treating is usually on the 31st here still. Unless it's a Sunday. But they won't even do the fireworks if the 4th of July lands on a Sunday.... Stupid.

Hmmmm. Target didn't have Halloween out yet the other day. :( But the Halloween store is open!

wow... it's crazy how different Halloween is in different states of the U.S.

Here, in Cali, trick-or-treating is always on the 31st, regardless of the day it is. If it's during the week, it starts earlier and ends earlier. Adult Halloween parties are always the weekend before... and, the weekend after is usually Dia de los Muertos stuff... San Francisco, L.A., and Oakland have huge Dia de los Muertos events, so that's usually the "go-to" events post-Halloween. (you can Google it).

And, yeah. All our stores have been draped in Halloween stuff since the 1st of September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->