• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

Same here, Snack. Our Halloween is on Halloween and our parties are the weekend before. We have pretty big Dia De Los Muertos stuff in our Market Square- art events and the like set up.

We definitely do Halloween (for both adults and kids) on the 31st. Sixth St (Austin's mini version of Bourbon or Beale St) gets packed even if Halloween falls on a Tuesday (although you'll usually see people dressed up the Friday/Saturday before Halloween as well) and trick-or-treating is always the evening of the 31st. Sometimes corporate-sponsored events are earlier in the month or the weekend before. The haunted houses and Halloween stores are already open (and crowded).

I'd say Halloween (at least in Austin) is almost as big as Christmas, and bigger than Thanksgiving, Mardi Gras, Easter, or the 4th of July. (I thought I heard Halloween was the biggest holiday in terms of alcohol sales, but I can't find a source that confirms that.)

Graveyard cupcakes I made for a Halloween party:

Attachments

• cupcakes2.jpg
    cupcakes2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
I think I might be getting into Dia De Los Muertos this year. Especially because of all the deaths we've had last year. Seems like we should do something, especially as I'm getting closer to the anniversary of my stepfather's death (Nov. 11th) and have almost worked out the tattoo I'm getting to remember him, which I will be getting when I'm ready, BFP or not (because I know how to vet a tattoo artist's safety practices).

For me personally, I start wearing my halloween socks, earrings, and scrubs Oct 1st! :thumbup: lol We didn't do anything last year, but when I've thrown parties it's usually the weekend of or before Halloween. The stores in Hawaii have already started with the halloween stuff. I hate that before Halloween is even over Christmas stuff will be out :dohh:

I have wicked witch stockings I love to wear with black scrubs if I have to work on Halloween :) I can't wait to see your Halloween gear on the Halloween thread, Lilly!

I also start wearing my Halloween clothing once October begins. Now that I am not working IDK if I would wear it as often though.

I have to go buy my boys their costume for this year, the kids that came trick or treating at my house last year really enjoyed seeing my dog wear a costume. lol

wow... it's crazy how different Halloween is in different states of the U.S.

Here, in Cali, trick-or-treating is always on the 31st, regardless of the day it is. If it's during the week, it starts earlier and ends earlier. Adult Halloween parties are always the weekend before... and, the weekend after is usually Dia de los Muertos stuff... San Francisco, L.A., and Oakland have huge Dia de los Muertos events, so that's usually the "go-to" events post-Halloween. (you can Google it).

And, yeah. All our stores have been draped in Halloween stuff since the 1st of September.
Yup! :thumbup: Always on the 31st for trick or treating and parties are the weekend or two before. haha Any excuse to dress up and drink! :rofl:

Attachments

• Halloween.jpg
    Halloween.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 8
Oh that reminds me...Jimmy Kimmel does this thing where the next day the parents hide the candy and say they ate it and tape the kids reactions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMuorX2mgrw

I love these, Lilly! They always crack me up!

I'm back from my LONG three weeks away! Is it too late to join?

Of course not Lionchild! Welcome back! Man, 3 wks does seem like forever! lol

Ameli, some of those kids are just tooooo sweet! I would take them out and buy them double the candy lol

Love it! You two are an adorable Popeye and Olive Oil!

Lovely, as always! Feel special I caught them while they were still up!

Lovely pics Snack ( though you're not sure about that wine are you!!)

Great pics! Wine and Halloween- what a great combo!

Here are some old (2000-2002) Halloween pictures of me from when I was in grad school. We always had a good Halloween party and for a few years it was at the house I rented with my best friend. You can see I went the slutty route one year!

Attachments

• Halloween 2000.jpg
    Halloween 2000.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Halloween 2002.jpg
    Halloween 2002.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 167088_459180082823_7986022_n.jpg
    167088_459180082823_7986022_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 12
@Fezzle, I love the twister shirt!

I'm working on finding some old pictures of me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->