[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

I think elf on a shelf is stupid. I'd never even heard of it until a couple of years ago.

Not sure how I feel about elf on the shelf - but why do they have to make them so ugly/scary-looking?

What's wrong with elf on the shelf? :shrug: I don't really know much about it (wasn't able to look at the links you guys posted cause I'm at work) but it seems harmless....put the elf in different places so the kids can find it, right?

I think its stupid and creepy.

I know most parents do the "elf on the shelf" in a way that the elf is the one moving around the house. So its like the elf comes to life at night and the next day, the elf has moved to a new location. I know of parents who put the elf in kid's room, so when the kids wake up, they find the elf there.

If it was me, I'd probably pee my pants as a kid thinking the creepy elf watched me sleep! LOL

Maybe other parents use it more as a game and the kids know mom/dad are hiding it, and its not the elf moving around secretly at night. :shrug:

Aw....the creepy factor, makes sense. I've only seen one parent do it on my facebook feed and it seemed cute. She did the "act like elf is being busy at night" routine....I was thinking about buying one and saving it for my future kid. Eh....we'll see.

Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think it could be a kind of fun thing to do.

Its also possible since I didn't do it as a kid, I just don't understand the hype. lol

Who knows, by the time I have a kid maybe this elf thing will have faded out. Or maybe my kid(s) start coming home asking where the elf that all the kids have at their homes is. I can just see it now, "mommy, why doesn't the elf come to our house? Does he not like us?" And then I'll have to go buy a damn elf. :winkwink:

I will say two things in defense of the mom with too much time on her hands (and that's the first thing I thought when I saw it too). First, she did apparently create most of the scenes from stuff she had lying around her house. Second, one could think of those scenes as a form of art. Since she's lucky enough to have lots of extra time on her hands, at least she made something beautiful and magical with that free time. Looking at those images makes me want to be a kid again.

I don't know much about 'Elf on a Shelf' so I have no feelings either way on it, but I'm eager to go check out the link to the inappropriate EOS pictures that txbiscuit posted after I walk the dogs.

Edit: Ok, I've decided he is creepy. No EOS in my house. The inappropriate pictures are funny though.

You guys are just making me want the damn elf more! Maybe he will only come out for Halloween! *insert evil laugh here*

Confession: I just went to Target to see if they have him out yet, not yet! But they do have some xmas cds and books out already :dohh:

Ok, stop talking about that damn Elf!! This is the Halloween Thread! https://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/christmas/3d-elf-smiley-emoticon.gif :haha:

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/horror/scared-ghost-smiley-emoticon.gif <<<That's better! :thumbup:

Its also possible since I didn't do it as a kid, I just don't understand the hype. lol

Who knows, by the time I have a kid maybe this elf thing will have faded out. Or maybe my kid(s) start coming home asking where the elf that all the kids have at their homes is. I can just see it now, "mommy, why doesn't the elf come to our house? Does he not like us?" And then I'll have to go buy a damn elf. :winkwink:

I think elf on a shelf is stupid. I'd never even heard of it until a couple of years ago.

This. Both of them. No elves here. I just think it's weird. And there are (IMO) better things to do *together* during the holidays. Parents stay up late enough trying to get things done, especially that time of year. No need to add more!

1383849_627235287339846_439865492_n.jpg

:thumbup:Our Halloween costumes...

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/photo1_zpsd7b6a508.jpg

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/photo2_zps86f5be5e.jpg

Great costumes!

I love the cat cartoon. Our cats don't know about spray bottles, but they hate the hoover and the smoke alarm.

Best costumes ever! :rofl:

Also loving the cat costumes. Both terrify my cats. The vacuum doesn't even have to be plugged in, they start hissing if I move it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->