[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

Btw, I like how I pluralized candy corn with an 's'. Isn't 'candy corn' both singular and plural for most people? I was thinking about each individual morsel I consumed when I made that construal so the mass noun didn't seem appropriate. Ok, I'll stop. My nerdy linguistics side is coming out.

I love your nerdy linguistics side. My linguistics courses were the only classes I actually really enjoyed in school.

The next time my OH makes fun of me for saying something like, "I ate too much candy corn. I ate 17 candy corns," I will be calling you as a witness for the defense.

It would be appropriate to say he ate 17 kernels of candy corn or 17 candy corn kernels. :)

I've never cared much about candy corn (take it or leave it) but since I changed my ticker, I've been wanting some!

Lionchild- I am having a Thanksgiving party! We've invited about 12 people around (who may or may not bring children even though it's a Thurs night) for a buffet style dinner and party. I'm not sure what all to make though. My family has Thanksgiving with my mom's family who are Italian-American so I'll probably add some of our usual Italian food in too.

Sounds awesome, Fezzle! Take pictures of the food! We'll have to start a Thanksgiving thread or a harvest thread (to include everyone) after Halloween passes.

Clandie- :amartass: :haha:

tx- Linguists practice descriptive grammar (rather than prescriptive). We're more interested in what people actually do with language than what your grammar teacher taught you was "correct." In other words, we make no value judgements about language use. You tell your husband next time he makes fun of you that a linguist told you there is no inherent 'right' or 'wrong' in language use. Judgment values placed on language use are subjective and based upon societal perceptions rather than linguistic evidence.

Seriously though, I promise not to continue with the ling talk. I need to get my butt off BnB and working before the meeting with my dissertation chair this afternoon.

I'll be back to catch up with the shenanigans this evening.

Mmmmm. Candy corn. Or candy corns. Whatever. It sounds yummy!

I have, so far, resisted the candy corn. (Love the linguistics, btw.) But... There are some candy corn dipped pretzels at Target that keep calling my name.

I think this is the first time I've seen them. They look yummy.... But hubby won't eat them and it looked like a big bag, so I've been holding off. I'm bribing friends to help me with some work stuff Tuesday while we watch scary movies, so maybe I'll get them for that. :D

Oh my goodness, you just blew my mind with that candy corn pretzel talk, Bibliophile. I'll swing by Target tomorrow! :happydance:

Candy corn dipped pretzles? WHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT! Must find. I was in Target earlier too, damn it!

I got some candy corn kettle corn at Target today! Yuuuuuuum!

Amazing toddler LED costume!

https://youtu.be/GkBDRUO8hAo

I went to Target after my appointment but couldn't find the candy corn pretzels. Maybe they're a regional thing? I'm thinking of trying the gourmet grocery store; they dedicate half of their fancy bulk candy section to Halloween every year.

And OMG. That stick figure!! <3

OMG! I challenge you to watch this without laughing!

Kids and Candy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->