Closed

AF has stopped, now I just wait for the fertile days and ovulation to begin!

Hey Tina,

I couldn't find anything of YouTube called "the amazing sperm race"....if you could copy/paste the link I'll check it out.

AF is almost out the door, I should be clear tomorrow.

I also have been reading more on ovulation and realized that I experience Mittelschmerz Pain, which is an ovulation symptom. Apparently there's different kinds though. This stuff keeps getting more technical! Well mine doesn't happen every month but I distinctly remember it last month July 31, which is day 24 of my 35 day cycle. My cycle is absolutely 35 days based on 3+ months of tracking. Although my menstrual cycle lasts average 5.5 days. More 5 days, then 6, but still. First day is light, Next 2 heavy, 4th day light, last 1-2 faint to barely anything. Cycle day 20 is the most common number I get with the free calculators, which is August 31 this time. The app I use mostly has me at September 1 as "thee" ovulation day, at 21 days, which I input based on the 28 day average to 14 day ovulation formula. I just added 7 more days to accommodate my 35 day cycle. So if I go based on what I know to be an accurate day, 24, I would be ovulating on September 4. Yet which Mittelschmerz Pain does mine fall underneath, as well as will this be a 5 or 6 day menstrual.... Some insinuate your ovulation has passed, is about to happen, or is happening when you get mittelschmerz.... I do know my breast start to tender about day 21-22 thru day 35. The pain is very sharp, quick and low - can't tell what side. I go back and look at my calendar for July, we had sex between July 29-August 4, everyday. Which could have very well been during, before and after ovulation. Thing is have no ideal whether we pulled out or not. I know we pull out more than we don't. And everytime, regardless I immediately get up, pee and wash out. Sorry TMI. So I'm just venting. Will August go good since I pretty much have a good ideal of dates....or will it not being that we practically hit them last month. Then I go back and look we've been pretty active all of my probable ovulation dates, and we haven't gotten pregnant. Not that we were TTC then, but still. I think we are going to focus hard on Cycle day 17-27 just to be safe, so that's August 28-September 7. At the end of the day AF will tell it....

sorry for the technical vent. Just trying to make sure we are going about this at best. I guess that's why folks go with the every other day option. I'm probably going to post this question on a separate thread just to get more feedback.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=the amazing sperm race&sm=1

Lol, I don't mind the vent. It's good you know all of that. My period is just like yours when it comes to how the flow is. More feedback is always good. I know it's soon but we dtd last night and will every other night till my fertile then will every night till the night after my ovulation day. Yeah they say every other day is a good way to go. My cycle is usually 29 days but sometimes is 26 or 33.

I watched the video(s). O my goodness. Amazing. Everyone should watch it, lol. With that being said I think were going to go with every other day.... Thanks

Haha, yea, I learned stuff in that video that I didn't even know. We should go for every other day Cuz they say that is the best way to get a girl, since girl sperm are slower but survive longer inside the female, and male sperm are faster than girls but die easier. I dunno if it's all true though lol.

Haha, yea, I learned stuff in that video that I didn't even know. We should go for every other day Cuz they say that is the best way to get a girl, since girl sperm are slower but survive longer inside the female, and male sperm are faster than girls but die easier. I dunno if it's all true though lol.

right. I I recall the doctors said sex every 2-3 days is best. Gives time for the best sperm to reboot.

Yeah. The guy shouldn't cum every day but you shouldn't go too long without. So many rules when it comes to conceiving. Lol. When I conceived my son I wasn't trying and didn't think about it and it happens so quick. Now that we are planning it's probably going to take a while. I do make sure I don't stress and we do have fun with it.

Yeah. The guy shouldn't cum every day but you shouldn't go too long without. So many rules when it comes to conceiving. Lol. When I conceived my son I wasn't trying and didn't think about it and it happens so quick. Now that we are planning it's probably going to take a while. I do make sure I don't stress and we do have fun with it.

lol me and dh have sex alot, like our average is 19 out of 35 days, 6 of 35 being menstrual. So this every other day is going to be a challenge. Today is CD8, AF left CD5, we had sex Day 6/7 lol. I guess we will focus on every other day during ovulation period. Girl I really don't think I will keep trying cycle after cycle. It just seems so technical and scheduled, even stressful. Will probably cycle every few months and rotating NTNP. More than anything I just hope it happens this cycle, lol. Your time is coming up....right?

Hey ladies. I was up early and have just been reading through threads on here. With my second we dtd every day during fertile window ( we got a girl, so i don't put much stock in the timing and gender thing) and have started dtd every day since I am now in my fertile window? I've heard about every other day, but isn't more better? Just wondering as we ourselves are approaching O. Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna stick with every day for these 5 days as it worked last time but I was just wondering about the every other day thing. Thanks :)
Good luck!

( Tina told me about the video)

it will give you a totally different aspect of conception. I took away this: Conception is all about probability, period. I dont think there's no way to increase chances of the gender. I've heard certain foods help increase certain things that help the male sperms have a better chance of survive, but its still about probability. Girl sperms have a greater survival rate, but its still about probability. For instance, if a college is scouting for a particular student. They have certain qualifications for enrollment. The student has certain options he/she is looking for as well. Student will pick the school he wants, yet still has to meet any schools qualifications. The school that wants him could add accommodations that student may like, accommodations that are good for the student. Yet at the end of the day, the student has to still meet the qualifications to be accepted. Now times that by 99,000 other students that want in as well. Now imagine only the best man(or woman) will make it. Only 1 at that, unless there's just enough room for 2 (hence twin comparison). You got 99,000 other students some are making better grades, some that "know somebody", some have better qualifications , some are just lucky, etc, etc. So at the end of the day you can do things to increase the chances of getting this particular student (gender), but at the end its all about probability.....

I know college is a little more political and concrete then "baby sex", but you should get my draft. This is also a comparisons to the overall baby process, girl or boy. (in my opinion).

Now, in regards to the every other day thang. Well the doctor on the video suggested having sex every other day in the window of ovulation (and in general). He says that men shouldn't go weeks without"cuming" and to get the better stronger sperms every 2-3 days would be good. From my understanding each time a man ejaculates, more sperms produce inside his testicles...hence if you have sex today and don't again until next week, those sperms are therefore "old" or older. Not saying there not good enough, but I think the doctor was insinuating that the fresher sperms are more "probable" to be faster swimmers. So when you do it every other day you are getting fresh sperms each try and you are still in the fertile window because sperm can survive up to 5 days (normally about 2 though). Either way its all about probability. With my son I knew none of this stuff, nor were we TTC, we we NTNP. We just so happen to DTD on the right day and the sperm was able to successfully fertilize the egg. Plain. Simple. Like most of the world, lol. When you are TTC it changes the entire ball game. Its the difference between planting the flower and nourishing it -VS- just throwing the seeds out and letting them do or die.

And on top of that we (women) were made to do this, some of us have complications. I also am a believe in faith. Discussing your petitions with God. Sometimes things just don't happen when we want them too. I just hope we all get a BFP this cycle?

hope I helped...

Thanks babifever :) I have seen it, all 6 parts! It's a really cool movie, very interesting!

I think it's all about being in the right place, at the right time! ( And yes, some women may have some more complications, hormonal things going on, so thats another challenge). I somehow was blessed with getting pregnant right away with both of mine. We are just trying this one cycle right now, then we will hold off and resume trying again in December. Chances are we won't catch it again, but we will see, we've had success in the past doing what we do.
I am still going to have sex everyday ( well every night lol) we started cycle day 11 and will until cd 15. I feel better always having fresh deposits (lol) I have recently read about every other day vs every day. Some say every other day is better, some say its not, better when you increase the chances. I just wanted to hear your guys' thoughts! I always learn new things from the women on here :)
Anyhow good luck to all, those going for it every other day, and those who are going to have a sore hoohah five days later like me ;)

Honestly I keep going back and forth with our plan lol. We'll see when it gets here. I have set in stone that after this cycle we are will move back to NTNP. I definitely don't want a July baby and I rather just take the pressure off. Maybe we will try back December as well.

Ha! Interesting, we may possibly meet again in here in December! But I really hope we both get that egg this month! My girls have June and July bdays, soi want to avoid those months, then not wanting an August baby bday, so tying in dec would bring us a sept due date. Anyhow, best wishes this cycle, I should O wed or thurs, then our bed can get a rest after Thursday! ;) I've enjoyed reading this thread, hope you ladies keep posting

Btw I went to grad school at auburn, took many trips to Atlanta ( since Alabama is BoRInG!) just saw you are from Georgia!

We usually do every day too. I think I'll still ttc till we get it but won't stress if it doesn't happen and won't chart. Maybe opk to learn more about when I O but not as extensive as some women. I'm kind of Glad it didn't happen last cycle cuz if it had it would of been born around April 20 and my son's birthday April 24th lol. Hopefully I won't see you guys in dec, cuz hopefully we all get bfp lol.

Yeah, all I do is opk, and just use that to guess how many dpo I am.... I find it all more boring waiting than stressful :)

Yeah, I agree. To me it is more boring than stressful too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->