Closed

I've suddenly gotten the urge of wanting twins....and I found out Twins run in my mom's family, her older brother was a twin but his twin died at birth and several of my grandmothers (my mom's mom) cousins had a "few" sets of twins. My mom said she meet 2 different sets this summer at family reunion. So that means my grandmother had twins. my half sister from my father also was pregnant with twins....

not sure if my half sisters twins were identical or not. And on my moms side there were are all identical. I hear identical are by chance. Any who, thought that was interesting, that would be cool if I got pregnant this cycle, with a boy/girl twins, and able to deliver vaginally - water birth, lol. Lets dream big ha ha

Good for you, yes dream big! I am the opposite, they thought twins my second pregnancy ( my hcg skyrockets, was well above the twin range they said) and I almost had a heart attack! No twins for me! ( my father is a twin, but that's all)
However, on a side note, I have since heard that high early hcg levels indicate girl, and I had two girls ( two super high hcg pregnancies)

Oh okay never heard that about girls, was your tummy sitting low as well....i think its low girls, high boys, or is it the other way around, lol? If your dad was a twin, then your children could have twins, at least that's what I've been reading - it skips a generation..

Well, no. It did skip a generation, my dad didn't have twins. My dad was a twin, then skipped bc it's just me and my bro, then my kids would be that next generation. But please No!

Oh, and I carried my girls high. Super high! Not sure which way that wives tale goes, but I think that just differs woman to woman... Idk!

Oh, and I carried my girls high. Super high! Not sure which way that wives tale goes, but I think that just differs woman to woman... Idk!

right LOL. I think girls are hiGh according to wives tale, I think, I dunno LOL

They say you carry girls high and boys low. I carried my son in the middle. Lol. I was thinking about maybe id like twins too, but twins don't run in our family at all so i doubt it'll happen but i guess it could lol. I have no idea what my hcg levels were. I never thought to think about it.

Yes, mine were very very high, but they were also long when born, 22 inches, so I guess they had to take up all that room in there! I never heard about the hcg thing until after I gave birth to my second daughter ( we were team yellow both times) but it was so true for me! Just hearing the word twin makes me shudder! Yikes

Haha, i always thought i never want to have twins and now i find myself thinking about it. Do you get your hcg level tested at the Dr. by a blood test? My son was shorter, he was 18 inches, and i never felt a foot under my ribs, i was happy about that lol.

My son was 19 inches, 5 pounds 14 ounces. I never thought about twins until now, never even knew they ran in my family. My only fear is that it increases chances on csection. I dread dread dread a C-section or having to have my water break......
my doctor also never mentioned my hgc levels

My son was 8 pounds. He was a week late so he may of been smaller and shorter if he was born on his due date. I never want to have to have a c-section neither. I dunno why but the thought kind of scares me. I never wanted them to have to break my water so i was happy when mine broke completely on it's own

Yeah my son was 37 weeks.. There entire ideal of a section scares me. I've also heard borrow stories of objects being left in the womb/stomach, as well as pains from the insertion years later...

I know sometimes it absolutely necessary, but still. I wonder what was done in the old days when the baby was breeched...not that that's the only reason you would need one...

Back then they didn't have a lot of options and that's why women died in childbirth, oh so i hear. I'm happy we have the technology we do now so dieing in child birth doesn't really happen anymore. When i was pregnant with my son i was afraid of dieing in labor. That was the only fear i had lol. Now my fear is having to get a c-section.

Haha, i always thought i never want to have twins and now i find myself thinking about it. Do you get your hcg level tested at the Dr. by a blood test? My son was shorter, he was 18 inches, and i never felt a foot under my ribs, i was happy about that lol.

Yes. My dr orders the sets of blood tests ( w days part, to see doubling time) to see if they pregnancy is headed in the right direction. Then you go n for first office visit at 6 wks. That's at mine though, might be different with diff docs.
Yes, you were lucky, I really thought I had some broken ribs! And my lungs were SO squashed! Uh. They were so darn high, but bc they were long/big I guess they had no where else to go but up!

And I'm right there with you about c section. I would honestly have a panic attack. My husband does surgery so he thinks it's no big deal, but Iwould have such anxiety. Luckily I've had two vaginal deliveries, but sometimes there are circumstances outside of your control that warrant a section. Yikes!

And I'm right there with you about c section. I would honestly have a panic attack. My husband does surgery so he thinks it's no big deal, but Iwould have such anxiety. Luckily I've had two vaginal deliveries, but sometimes there are circumstances outside of your control that warrant a section. Yikes!

what kind of surgeon is he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->