Closed

babifever

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been with my husband since 2009. We begun using condom method until about 2012 when I used charting as a protective method + pull outs. In the last year we have practiced not trying, not protecting - in my case not charting. I have 1 son, 8 and my husband 2 girls (10 & 12) outside of the home. My son greatly wants a younger sibling! I also really think his age is such a precious time for him to embrace it as well. My biggest obstacle and regression for not actively trying in mind and body is my being overweight. These days I'm about 15 pounds over my end of pregnancy weight with my son. My desired weight is about 50 pounds away. I have lost about 15 already. I also have experienced some anxiety over why we haven't naturally conceived in these 5 sum years. And truth be told these last few months hub and I have been a little disappointed when TOM faithfully arrives, even though we are not trying-trying, lol. At this point we have decided to actively TTC; in hopes that I will continue to lose before, during and after conception. Medically I know losing weight would be beneficial pre pregnancy, as well as psychologically - becoming even bigger will not be good for my psyche. Yet I feel now is the time. Overall I really do want another child, one with my husband.
I would love to add some friends and cycle buddies. Let the journey begin:

-Testers- in order of first post
1) Babi
2) Tina
3) Rainstorm
4) Jules :bfp: on 8/29/14, DPO8
5) Heather
6) ecarroll
7) Atleastthree
8) Heartx
9) Ruz

Hello! I am ttc #2 with my DH . I am 27 and want a girl. I have a 4 year old boy. My cycles are usually between 26-35 days. AF showed up yesterday morning. I'm cycle day 2 waiting for ovulation again. Where are you at in your cycle?

Hey babifever! Being overweight can make you less fertile - it's not always the case but it's something to beware of. If you want to, come join our Losing Weight Before TTC in waiting to try... :)

Hello! I am ttc #2 with my DH . I am 27 and want a girl. I have a 4 year old boy. My cycles are usually between 26-35 days. AF showed up yesterday morning. I'm cycle day 2 waiting for ovulation again. Where are you at in your cycle?

Hello Tina, I'm Angel. My period stared Tuesday afternoon, August 12. Its lasts about 5.5 days. My cycle length is 35 days. I would love a girl but hubby really really wants a baby boy, so I'm going with the team this time around. We do want to conceive #3 within 2 years, so maybe it will be a girl. Heck maybe this one will be a girl, lol. I've been using melady app which is free and great. It has given me average of everything. Normally ovulation is automatically set at 14 days on these systems. Because my cycle is average 35 days, based on what I've been reading I should add 1 additional day from the average 28 day cycle equaling 14 for ovulation- therefore my ovulation is set at 21 days. According to melady app I'm fertile August 29, 30, 31 & September 2. Ovulating on September 1st. What about you?

Hello Angel! My period usually lasts 5-6 days. DH wants a girl this time around too, so we want the same thing. Lol. First time around he didn't care, but i wanted a boy and got a boy, normally when i want a certain thing it goes the other way lol, so maybe this time when it happens i'll get that girl i want. I will have to check out the melady app. I've been using an app called Glow. According to Glow I'm fertile August 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and 28th, and ovulating on the 27th. It gives me percentages of each day how likely it is that I'll conceive lol. I am also trying to lose some weight as i wait to conceive. After my son was born i got ppd so i laid around and ate a lot and gained all the weight i lost while pregnant with him, because i was so sick all the time, back plus like 40 ibs more. I am down 15 ibs as well but am looking to lose more to get to a healthier weight!

Hello Angel! My period usually lasts 5-6 days. DH wants a girl this time around too, so we want the same thing. Lol. First time around he didn't care, but i wanted a boy and got a boy, normally when i want a certain thing it goes the other way lol, so maybe this time when it happens i'll get that girl i want. I will have to check out the melady app. I've been using an app called Glow. According to Glow I'm fertile August 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and 28th, and ovulating on the 27th. It gives me percentages of each day how likely it is that I'll conceive lol. I am also trying to lose some weight as i wait to conceive. After my son was born i got ppd so i laid around and ate a lot and gained all the weight i lost while pregnant with him, because i was so sick all the time, back plus like 40 ibs more. I am down 15 ibs as well but am looking to lose more to get to a healthier weight!

Ok, sounds good. I just played with my system based on what you've told me and it has you at fertile August 25, 26, 27 and 29. Ovulation the 28th. Next period September 13th. They are fairly close from your app. I think for the most part all of these numbers are gaged, ha ha. melady has given me a exact date for my period, so I do trust it some what. But even then that's based on your cycle lengh, cycle lengh is key. I averaged you at 31 days..... I will also try to check out GLOW. Well welcome, welcome. Should we start a new thread and personalize it more, or stay here? I'm game for whatever. So excited. I just added a signature with some more info. Do you have a name yet, birth perference? Nice to meet ya.

It is nice to meet you too! :) I am alright sticking around this thread too lol. I was thinking about getting opk's this time around but not sure if i'll need it. Normally we start dtd the day after my period ends at least every other day till my fertile time and then every day while fertile till a day after and then go to every other day. I think an opk, for me, would be more useful if we were busy and needed to plan a specific time to dtd. I'm still on the fence about it lol. Are you going to use them? Hubbys idea is to just have sex every day and we'll never miss our fertile time haha. I don't have an actual name picked out yet if i have a girl, but i do like the name Adalynd. For a boy i have no idea because i really want a girl and have just been thinking girl thing lol, but my sons name is Aiden. I don't have a birth preference, tho i would like to do it without drugs this time. Last time i used the epidural, which after 2 hours it stopped working anyway, so i felt it all.

It is nice to meet you too! :) I am alright sticking around this thread too lol. I was thinking about getting opk's this time around but not sure if i'll need it. Normally we start dtd the day after my period ends at least every other day till my fertile time and then every day while fertile till a day after and then go to every other day. I think an opk, for me, would be more useful if we were busy and needed to plan a specific time to dtd. I'm still on the fence about it lol. Are you going to use them? Hubbys idea is to just have sex every day and we'll never miss our fertile time haha. I don't have an actual name picked out yet if i have a girl, but i do like the name Adalynd. For a boy i have no idea because i really want a girl and have just been thinking girl thing lol, but my sons name is Aiden. I don't have a birth preference, tho i would like to do it without drugs this time. Last time i used the epidural, which after 2 hours it stopped working anyway, so i felt it all.

Can you pronounce "Adalynd". I also dont know what DTD, OPK mean, lol? We also don't have a girl name picked as were only speaking of boy vibes, lol. I'm not sure how we are going to plan our conception play, lol, as if its a sport, I guess it is when your TTC tho, lol. I will think about it and let you know. I do know that for the last year we've been just pulling out. Sometimes we don't, but its soooo random. For my son I had him at 37 weeks. I was induced after I was contracting for a while. I also went into labor after being pushed, smh. My sons father was a no good and we were arguing. He pushed me. I fall and went to my doctor. He said I was dilating and contracting, so to the hospital I went. Labor was about 5 hours but I only pushed for less then an hour. I didn't have a epidural girl �� but they did give me something thru a IV - I forget what its called. It pretty much just makes you feel high, lol. I really want a water birth this time. I dont like the feeling of being induced and having your water broke by the dr. Its alot of tugging, I hated the feeling!

A-da-lind(like linda without the A lol). Lol, DTD=doing the deed/do the deed/did the deed and OPK=ovulation prediction kit. I didnt know what they meant till recently neither lol. I'm new to all this lol. It does seem that it is like a sport when you are actually trying and working to conceive..whoever knew sex could be such a chore, haha. We have been using the pull out method whenever we dtd and i wouldn't do it around the midde of my cycle. I'm sorry to hear your sons dad did that to you! My water broke on it's own and started off as a trickle and then when i got out of the car to go in to the hospital it was just a big gush, like in the movies, It was everywhere and left a nice trail lol. My labor was 19 hours and i pushed for 1 hour 45 mins. They had to give me the drug they use for inducing people and some point because baby was getting sleeping from my epidural and my contractions were slowing down. I didn't like labor so much lol. My friend had something thru her IV before she got the epidural and she said it made her feel really dizzy and she didn't recommend it.

HI! I have a 9 month old son and I am really looking forward to another pregnancy, but my cycles haven't returned yet. I' still breastfeeding in the hope that DS will wean on his own, but it's not happening. I'm a working mom so nursing is his way of feeling close to me when I'm home. Anyways, I was hoping to get pg out of the blue, and I tested like ten times since DS turned 6 months. The problem is since I haven't had AF yet I could be pregnant and not know it, so whenever I feel a slight symptom I go test lol, anyways, I appreciate having TTC buddies to help me release some anxiety.
Oh, I'm 35 and DH turns 30 next months. It took me 14 months to conceive DS. I did a cycle of clomid which failed, and conceived naturally two cycles later

Yes the medicine had me feeling more drowsy than dizzy. But then again maybe I was exhausted from labor. I didn't have a issue with it. Contractions were hell, but the worst was the breaking my water and the feeling have have to use #2 the entire time, but I couldn't. I guess it was the pressure of the baby. I'm a tuff Kitten so I did alot of breathing exercises and hand movements during the contractions. I've been reading alot about water births and I may just stick with the routine way. My husband will go for for it, but not really interested. And in the back of my head I just keep thinking about complications. So dunno, I will keep changing my mind, ha ha. If I can have some music in the room I think I will be at peace for the most part. Have you told any family you guys are TTC yet? I think I will not, maybe just my sisters....just don't want to feel pressured and keep having to say "no were not pregnant". I'm also new too all if this babyandbump terminology, lol.

HI! I have a 9 month old son and I am really looking forward to another pregnancy, but my cycles haven't returned yet. I' still breastfeeding in the hope that DS will wean on his own, but it's not happening. I'm a working mom so nursing is his way of feeling close to me when I'm home. Anyways, I was hoping to get pg out of the blue, and I tested like ten times since DS turned 6 months. The problem is since I haven't had AF yet I could be pregnant and not know it, so whenever I feel a slight symptom I go test lol, anyways, I appreciate having TTC buddies to help me release some anxiety.
Oh, I'm 35 and DH turns 30 next months. It took me 14 months to conceive DS. I did a cycle of clomid which failed, and conceived naturally two cycles later

Welcome! I understand it can be a little frustrating when AF is not evolved. But hey were here together so lets continue to go for it. With my son it took me about 2 years to conceive but we were not tracking or anything. So does AF not come when breastfeeding? How often can you still get pregnant while breastfeeding? Fill me in. Would you consider refraining in order to conceive? What are the plans...

So I have tried about 10 different Ovulation Calculators. My dates for Cycle 1 are ranging from August 22-September 4, 2014. August 31 is a common dominator.

Fast forward. I work well with deadlines in low stress environments that allow me to work at my own pace and personalize my tasks, lol, seriously. I hear this TTC thang can take awhile and I cannot be stressed and playing the waiting game every single month until conception, I just can't. Also I don't want to be pregnant during the cold climates where I live, which is primarily excluding conception months of March thur May. Now, I know nothing is guaranteed and at the end of the day mother nature will take her course, but this is the way we are going to wing it:

We will cycle every other month. During each cycle period we will just go with the moment, pull out when we want, don't if we don't! I will use melady app start date for ovulation. Even though it gives a 5 day period, we will try for 7 days in a row. During the 3 days prior too, we will sustain from sex. We will also try on day before "3 day sustain". Not sure if this will help, but hoping it will hit all possibilities (I hear sperm can survive for 2 days) and there over build up Hubby before "Thee 7 days", lol. For 7 days we will try daily and just have fun. I will focus on climaxing each time, as they say that helps and I will lay down for as long as I can afterward.

First Cycle begins August 29-September 4.

Followed by:
October 30, 2014
December 31, 2014
March 3, 2015

All other Month's we will just "not try, no prevent". I just want this to be a low stress fun experience.

It sounds great that you have a plan, but want to keep it stress free at the same time. i feel much more relieved this time around cos many of my friends are trying for number 1. Many of them got married in a row, back in 2011 I was the only married one so all the baby pressure was on me.
As regards breastfeeding, it raises your prolactine levels making it very hard to ovulate, there are exceptions but I'm not it apparently. They say your cycles return after lo drops nightime feedings. Not hppening soon. I guess I'm ready to stop now, but I dont think lo is

The feeling of having to go #2 but can't is the worst. The contractions ducked for me but the feeling of needing to push and can't was the worst of it all for me. I didn't even mind the "ring of fire" as he crowned and came out, to me that didn't even hurt was just more of an uncomfortable feeling. I have not told anyone we are ttc....don't want to feel the pressure and don't want to jinx it. Lol. Stress free is the way to be! Our plan is just dtd a lot lol. I hear sperm can survive inside the female for 5 days lol. I don't take that chance tho so we dtd at least every other , if not every day, just to be sure lol. I know they say it can take up to a year but I really don't want to wait that long neither lol. I hope it happens this cycle. A lot of people I know are either pregnancy or just had a baby within the last couple months and I'm like I wish it was me lol.

Welcome Rainstorm! I didn't breastfeed my son so I had no idea it could make it difficult to ovulate. TTC buddies makes me feel better too. I like having people who are going thru the same thing as me to talk to about it with.

The feeling of having to go #2 but can't is the worst. The contractions ducked for me but the feeling of needing to push and can't was the worst of it all for me. I didn't even mind the "ring of fire" as he crowned and came out, to me that didn't even hurt was just more of an uncomfortable feeling. I have not told anyone we are ttc....don't want to feel the pressure and don't want to jinx it. Lol. Stress free is the way to be! Our plan is just dtd a lot lol. I hear sperm can survive inside the female for 5 days lol. I don't take that chance tho so we dtd at least every other , if not every day, just to be sure lol. I know they say it can take up to a year but I really don't want to wait that long neither lol. I hope it happens this cycle. A lot of people I know are either pregnancy or just had a baby within the last couple months and I'm like I wish it was me lol.

Welcome Rainstorm! I didn't breastfeed my son so I had no idea it could make it difficult to ovulate. TTC buddies makes me feel better too. I like having people who are going thru the same thing as me to talk to about it with.

so are you telling me to expect the, have to go #2 but can't feeling again?! Oh no, lol.

I'm glad to have you guys to talk about it too. I decided I'm not going to tell anyone, and although hubby is super happy he's not really into all the technicalities of TTC, lol, although he tries to act like it.

I'm with Tina, I'm praying it happens this cycle. I dont know if I can even go thru the process of multi cycles, alot of pressure irritates me.

I breastfeed my son for about 3 weeks, then quit. But this time around I would like to do it for at least 6 months.

I know 4 other people who are pregnant now, 3 due Nov/Dec, one is due anytime now. Not sure if any of them were TTC in the manner that we are. I also have a friend who is using some fertility methods, haven't reached out to her yet but excited to know which one and how its going. She MC many times and is over 35.

I plan to go to Walmart today to get some Prenatal's and Multi Vitamins for hubby. We've both been taking vitamins mostly regularly for about a year. I didn't know sperm survives for 5 days, that's even better!

Do you have a sex preference? What does TTC when AF is not involved look like? Also, I think siblings close in age is great. After #2 we will be trying for #3 within 12-24 months.

I bet you have alot of $1 pregnancy tests to accommodate those urges/suspenses, lol. I have a few myself, I'll will do confirmation with a name brand. Before I got my cycle lengths down pack I was testing every month. Its crazy PMS feels just like first signs of pregnancy for me.

I would like another boy but I wouldnt mind one of each. Yeah the cheap tests do the trick at least while its a BFN lol

I don't want to feel that again neither. The doctors would keep telling me to focus on my breathing and I'm just thinking that's not really helping. Lol. I was very quiet my hole time in labor, I never screamed or yelled, I didn't even grunt while pushing. I thought I'd be a total B but I was actually pretty nice.....altho I was exhausted lol.
Yeah, sperm can survive for 5 days if they're lucky. I watched this thing on YouTube called "the amazing sperm race" it was actually kind of interesting. ...well I thought so anyway. You should check it out, see if you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->