Cloth diapering because of allergy to disposables

hopingforit

Reaction score
My daughter has had a pretty much constant diaper rash since she was born. I got a lot of advice from doctors to cut put things in my diet (didn't work), use different diapers (didn't work despite trying pretty much every brand out there), changing wipes (same as with diapers)...nothing at all worked. It got so bad that she had to be put on an antibiotic cream. Her skin is literally burned. Despite this, I was never told to try cloth diapers. After a lot of research, I came across cloth diapers for constant diaper rash
After taking her to the Dr again, I was told that I am doing the right thing and that she is starting to heal. I'm also going to use cloth wipes. I'm just wondering how common this problem is? My son has not had a single rash at all from any diaper type. I didn't know one could be allergic to all disposables. Has anyone had any experience with this?

We use cloth diapers and cloth wipes. I only use disposable wipes when away from home, but if we use them too often (like a whole day or more) his skin starts to get red. I would definately recommend cloth wipes (I just use regular baby cloth with water). We never had a problem with cloth :)

I don't know how common actual allergy is, but it is common for babies to be irritated by disposables (all of them). Nappy rash is a common problem but I don't believe it has always been the case. Some babies might not like the chemicals, some might not like the paper, others might need a more breathable nappy. There are plenty of reasons not to use disposables, reasons just about your baby's comfort and health... and even more if you include cost and environment :)

My little guy gets a rash from disposable diapers and wipes. I think he's just overly sensitive like his mom. :haha: Being in cloth clears it right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->