Cloth Diapering

armychicmkm

3rd Tri - Woohoo!
Reaction score
Didn't want to steal PeanutBean's thread. She got me to wondering...

Why cloth diaper?
How difficult are they to use and clean?
Are they a lot cheaper?
What are cloth diaper liners, how do they work?

I just always kinda figured on using disposables but I keep hearing about cloth. From what I've gotten from Google it seems like everything I knew about cloth diapers is really outdated. :blush:

For a number of reasons.

1) They are more environmentally sound, even considering all the washing.
2) They are cheaper than disposable (even the fancy shaped ones though you save more with terry towels).

And, if you then go on to have a second child you save even more as you can use the same ones! Or pass them on.

Is there really that much extra washing?

It obviously depends on how many you buy as to how often you have to wash but does it work out to an extra load every day, a couple extra loads a week?

Hm well cloth diapers are easier on the environment, that's why I'm going to be using them.. although apparently it's more difficult to do if you aren't with your LO 24/7, nobody I know has been able to stick with them. I don't know how cloth diaper liners work in all honesty:blush: and yes they are alot cheaper seeing as you don't have to keep buy, buy buying them!

Why cloth diaper?
Much better for the environment. Not least because normal nappies take about 500 years to biodegrade.
I think once you get into a routine, they are are easy. But they won't be as quick and convenient as a disposable. You can't just chuck the dirty one away and if you are out and about it might not be as easy to deal with - but I think it is worth the effort, because I want my babies to grow up in a world where they can still enjoy the beauty and balance of the natural world.
Are they a lot cheaper?
Most reports have proven that they are cheaper in the long run, even taking into account the washing costs (electric and water).
Just like a normal nappy liner, but you have to wash them. It makes the whole cleaning and soaking and washing a bit easier because the are not the full cloth nappy, which can get a bit heavy when wet.

Why cloth diaper?
Much better for the environment. Not least because normal nappies take about 500 years to biodegrade.
I think once you get into a routine, they are are easy. But they won't be as quick and convenient as a disposable. You can't just chuck the dirty one away and if you are out and about it might not be as easy to deal with - but I think it is worth the effort, because I want my babies to grow up in a world where they can still enjoy the beauty and balance of the natural world.
Are they a lot cheaper?
Most reports have proven that they are cheaper in the long run, even taking into account the washing costs (electric and water).
Just like a normal nappy liner, but you have to wash them. It makes the whole cleaning and soaking and washing a bit easier because the are not the full cloth nappy, which can get a bit heavy when wet.

Perfect response.

You can also get flushable liners that just lay on the inside of the diaper. You flush it when it is wet/dirty & it makes the clean up a little easier.

I'd read that there were flushable liners.... between cloth diapers being fitted and fastening with velcro and having the flushable liners. It doesn't really seem like there's that much of a difference anymore. Just some more laundry.

I'd read that there were flushable liners.... between cloth diapers being fitted and fastening with velcro and having the flushable liners. It doesn't really seem like there's that much of a difference anymore. Just some more laundry.

Yup, laundry and more money in your purse! (Though maybe smelly nappies in your handbag if you're out and about! lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->