Cloth essentials

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
OK so I have all the cloth I could need but that's it....

What else do I NEED to buy before this baby comes :D

Diaper pail. Wet bag. Cloth wipes. Cloth diapers. Thats all you need, now you just need that tiny baby hiney.

I just need a pail then I think! I forgot I had a wet bag already and wipes!!

Hope Brenn and you are well Samantha :hugs:

you;ll need a bucket for your nappies and possibly a wet bag for out and about ..... maybe a mesh bag for inside your bucket but i dont use mine anymore..seemed more hassle than anything else tbh :shrug:...but i am one to sort through everything to make sure all the laundry tabs are on so they dont stick to everything else......other than that you dont actually NEED anything else hun. :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

Maybe some liners if you plan to use from birth to protect from the meconium? I wish I had been using the liners the whole time, I've been using them the past couple weeks, they are great

Oh yes liners....I was definitely going to get those.

How about the sanitisers? To the go in the pail dry?

:)

Never used that, but I have seen pail powder that you can sprinkle on and it absorbs any smell...I've wanted to try that

I'm not sure who mentioned it to me before but I think someone suggested tea tree oil to get rid of the odours....

MO3 - I'll be reading back over the Ask a Mum thread you did! :lol:

:D Yeah I've heard that works too, never used any though. Are you going to make up a solution for your cloth wipes too?

If you don't NEED anything else just want something else, because well it's fun to buy cloth lol, what about some wool longies??

I got my first pair of baby legs sent to me last week from a friend in Canada!! :happydance: I love them!! such a cool idea!! I need a few more of those I think!

Are you impressed with my crunchiness??!! I'm planning a home hypno water birth to match my cloth!! :lol:

I'm very impressed! lol I hope next time I can do the same...home water birth :D I hope it goes well for you!! I can't believe you're already 30wks, doesn't seem that long ago

I just need a pail then I think! I forgot I had a wet bag already and wipes!!

Hope Brenn and you are well Samantha :hugs:

We are very good love, thank you. I just am so busy at the moment getting my house ready to sell that I don't get online much at all anymore.

I make my own spray for the pail and diapers for odor. It's just 1 oz. vinegar, 20 drops tea tree, 10 drops lavender and 8 oz of water. It does cut down on the smell.

I don't use anything but water on my wipes, I have my table set up in the bathroom, so just run the tap to warm, wet and wipe.

I can't believe you are already at 30 weeks. My how time flies.

Hi lisa *waves*

My gosh how on earth did you gte to 30 weeks pregnant??!!! Thats gone quick!

U can buy pail deodourisers but i never bothered with them. I usually put a muslin on the top of my pail (under the lid) with a few drops of t tree/lavender oil. Also got a little northern essence citrus circle taped to the top.

Have you got liners? Some reusable ones if your planning on breastfeeding, great for absorbing sloppy poo :sick: Do any of your nappies need any pins or anything? ermmm can't think of anythin else the girls haven't already said.

i have a wipes warmer:blush:
Trystan love it :)....specially at nights so his butts to feel the cold :)!!!

ooo i saw them wipes warmers we don't (or didn't at least) get them over here though 8(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->