Cloth nappy question different brands ?

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
Me again as I said before I will be using cloth nappies for the first time for our baby due in January I got some great advice but there's something I'm a bit confused by I have bought so far 8 applecheeks size 1 am I better to have a few different brands or all the same ?
Applecheeks are the ones my friend uses she's Canadian and swears by them can anyone suggest any other good brands ?
I've heard of little lambs ?
Also I'm still a but confused by the lining the applecheeks have the microfibres inserts I've got some bamboo boosters but I'm a bit stuck as to which works best I'm also hoping they dry quite quick or in the tumble dryer ?

Any help is great thankyou

Emma

Hi
Me again as I said before I will be using cloth nappies for the first time for our baby due in January I got some great advice but there's something I'm a bit confused by I have bought so far 8 applecheeks size 1 am I better to have a few different brands or all the same ?
Applecheeks are the ones my friend uses she's Canadian and swears by them can anyone suggest any other good brands ?
I've heard of little lambs ?
Also I'm still a but confused by the lining the applecheeks have the microfibres inserts I've got some bamboo boosters but I'm a bit stuck as to which works best I'm also hoping they dry quite quick or in the tumble dryer ?

Any help is great thankyou

Emma

I WISH I bought all apple cheeks and supported local rather than china made diapers personally even though they are more expensive than my non cheapies.

The general suggestion is to buy a few different brands to see what fits and works best for your baby, but i honestly never did that. Thankfully it worked out for us and i didn't have to sell some and branch out, but I think I always just kinda realized I could just sell them anyways so I wasn't too worried.

Whatever works best will depend on your baby and you can just try this or that, combine different inserts to see what works the best. There is no one answer to this sort of stuff.

And synthetic fibers dry much quicker than natural ones like hemp, etc. But if you wash on schedule and aren't left with too little diapers while washing, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I'd honestly just research other pocket diaper brands if that is what you want for your stash and read reviews, etc.

We love our apple cheeks!
I did buy many different brands, and apple cheeks has been one of our favorites.

My LO is approaching 16 lbs and the apple cheeks are almost not fitting. I usually stuff them with one microfiber insert because I have so many (the part that touches baby's bum on the diaper is micro fleece, keeps baby feeling dry and very soft). That will last a couple hours... the bamboo can hold a lot more than microfiber but for us, it's unnecessary during the day because I don't leave her in one diaper that long. We've never had leaking or blowout, and I like that the elastic doesn't leave red marks on my LO.

Just lately - at nearly 5 months, I need to use a hemp prefold (I like thirsties brand) or 2 bamboo inserts for overnight. (I've never used the apple cheeks brand though)

I do like & recommend having several brands of diapers. I like to switch them up, I have found some are better for different things.

As a newborn, (or up to 15 or so pounds) I also loved the GroVia all in ones, and thirsties size 1 all in ones. Those fit my LO until 15 pounds.

Now, I am really loving the charlie banana one size pockets, and rumparooz one size pockets. My rumparooz one size stuffed with a thirsties hemp prefold and 1 booster will hold my heavy wetter overnight, no leaks - from about 9-8! I don't know why, but it just holds the prefold (which is about 6 layers of hemp) plus the booster really well with no gaping around the legs or back, if that makes sense...Definitely our night time diaper. I've found the apple cheeks and the charlie banana don't really liked to be so stuffed!

I am going to buy some size 2 apple cheeks this weekend, I hope I like them as much as I liked our size 1s. I also want to try the sweetpea one size, all in one bamboo diaper - I liked the sweatpea newborn all in ones for up to 12 pounds.

I wouldn't recommend little lambs at all. They're okay to begin with and are great for night time as they're uber absorbant but I don't think they've washed nicely (my LO is only 11 weeks old) and I don't find them to be a nice fit either. I returned half of my nappy kit and relaced them with tots bots. I wish I had bought all size two birth to pottynappies too but my LO is chunky and would have filled them well.

Great advice above re different materials. Would type more but it's a one handed effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->