cloudy urine - is that a bad sign?

megrenade

Reaction score
I've probably drank a gallon of cranberry juice or more, and other juice.. in the past few weeks (been craving it) - and the past couple days I've had cloudy urine? I have't had sex, and it doesn't feel like a UTI - anybody else? I see the doctor on the 21st - should I express concern?

I'd say mention it if it continues. I had cloudy urine the other day but chalked it up to not having drunk enough water - so I upped my water intake and it cleared up. *shrugs*

Yeh, maybe you just need WATER rather than juice? xx

well, I drink tons of water too.. at least 2 liters a day.

when i first had a UTI (way back before i was pregnant) the doctor told me the best to see if it is an infection is to see if the wee is cloudy, if it is then there is a good chance it is an infection. If you don’t have any signs for it though just keep drinking plenty of water and mention it at your next midwife appointment, they check you for UTIs anyway. If you have no other discomfort or anything i wouldn't worry about it.

My pee was cloudy at my last MW app but it was fine. Was just a case of the dreaded CM getting in the sample again :blush: Having said that, definitely mention it at your next appointment. They probably will ask for a urine sample anyway, won't they? Good luck xxx

as above... i was a bit embarrassed to give my mw the sample as i was shocked at how yellow n cloudy it was...especially as i drikn water all day! she tested it and it was fine. i did have a cuppa a little before taking it tho...?! wouldn't worry too much xx

Mine was cloudy too, but the results came back as normal. BUT still dont compare your pregnancy to anyone elses, go with your gut....

im a health care worker and i didnt know i had a u t i ! i dip tested my own wee as matter of course and it showed up lecrasite present , its not allways that easy to tell if you have or not, mention it to dr ,do a sample because there isnt a huge amount of options for anti biotics when pregnant now im off to the toilet again!:coffee:

I had thrush a few weeks ago,thought I had cured it but have since been quite sore.
The last few days my urine has been very cloudy and I rang the midwife this morning to get doctor to give me another prescription for Canesten and she said the cloudy urine was almost certainly from the thrush (which you can have with few symptoms).
She did say to bring a urine sample in to her to double check though for other things.

I've had cloudy urine since becoming pregnant, nothing ever shows up? hmmm..
but always ask your MW.

yeah I have a history of getting UTI's so I know what it feels like and I don't have any of the symptoms but everyday my pee is cloudy. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said that my urine is tested everytime and comes up clean so I should be fine. On my chart it does mention that my urine is cloudy in appearance but clear of all anomalies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->