Cluster feeds/when will this end?

Littlebabyf

married
Reaction score
Hi all, my son is 10 weeks tomorrow and He does not settle well at night at all. After 6pm he generally doesn't go down for longer than 10 mins at a time and just cluster feeds until just past midnight when he will have a proper sleep and then he is up again by 1.30-2am and then it is hard to get him back down for the night until past 5am!

Some nights he just won't go off to sleep at night at all. One night last week it took until 5.15am (after bathing him at 6.30pm!) to settle him to sleep for longer than a few minutes and the next day was gone 3am, i do think this may have been a growth spurt.

I have resorted in last 2 days to giving him a bottle of formula at 10pm so that he will go off to sleep and stop the feeding. He was a lot more settled and woke at regular intervals through the night where he breastfed well and settled to sleep easily again.

I breastfed my first son and i don't recall it being so hard at night. I feel bad re the formula top up and wonder if anyone has had these problems and when did it start to get better, when did the cluster feeding ease off and baby start to settle? Thanks :)

Cluster feeding usually lasted a few days to around a week for us. Hang in there! it gets better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->