CM ......TMI maybe

P

pjfunnybunny

Hi Ladies

For those that didnt see my earlier post in the TTC forum i'll quickly give you the basics.
me and other half have been TTC since oct/nov 2009 after coming off the pill. WE decided that for the first 6-12 months we would just try doing the deed lots and hoping it happens as we both have a very high sex drive anyway.
So my cycles are 27-29 days usually and the first day of my last period was 28th march.
As im not testing for ovulation im basing it on being round the 14 day mark which would be 10th-12th.
We did the deed on 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th before chappie had to go away till Thurs.

So ....... I placed the question earlier of whether we had made love at the right time but someone said that ovulation can happen as late as CD19 so i may not even have ovulated yet!
after reading up for what seemed like hours on here and various other sites about ovulation, curiosity get the better of me and i decided to check my CM!
So im there in bathroom with one leg on bath holding on for dear life (come on admit it, im not the only one lol) having a grope around and ........here comes the TMI part ...........when i removed the finger there wasnt really anything there, just a bit of wetness!
Does this mean the chances are ive already ovulated or that im maybe a few days away from it or just that im not producing enough CM?
Was really hoping that by doing this id help myself get some answers but i seem to have confused myself even more.

Before this cycle i havent really been paying too much attention to when ive been ovulating but after so much :sex: that week and then realising that it probably was more than likely the most fertile time, ive become more interested in it so i read up on it and it said that during ovulation you may get cramps like AF. Well ive had severe bloating and a bit of cramping and twinges since sunday, are these possibly ovulation cramps? and how long do these normally last? ive never noticed them any other month but like i say, i wasnt really paying that much attention before.

I hope i havent frazzled too many brains like i have my own lol!

:dust: to all

PJ xxx

Hmm...I'm not entirely certain, but from what I've read slippery type or stretchy type of CM is most fertile, and creamy is not. I'm sorry I really don't know all that much about it, but maybe someone who knows more will come along and help. I think if no pg this cycle, then perhaps get OPKs for next cycle? Or CBFM...really expensive, but so helpful! I'm crap at temping and all that, and don't regret the purchase at all. Good luck!! :dust:

Was just thinking...is your OH around for BD session today? Couldn't hurt!!

Think youre right and im going to have to do something more than just leaving it to luck.

Unfortunatley OH not around till tomorrow now :-( although that could be for the best! With all these cramps ive had and all the bloating i dont think id be in the mood anyway, which believe me is very odd cause out the two of us, he struggles to keep up with me normally :blush:

:dust:

xx

Think youre right and im going to have to do something more than just leaving it to luck.

Unfortunatley OH not around till tomorrow now :-( although that could be for the best! With all these cramps ive had and all the bloating i dont think id be in the mood anyway, which believe me is very odd cause out the two of us, he struggles to keep up with me normally :blush:

xx

:rofl: I'm the exact same way! Wish it was the other way around sometimes.

CM does tend to dry up following ovulation, but then it can be that way before ovulation too! Not much help i know!

I'd carry on checking your CM and see how it changes. If it starts to become an eggwhite consistency then you will know you're hitting your fertile period. If it remains the same then you can just consider you have ovulated back around CD14 as you expected.

If you want to carry on just BDing and seeing what happens then maybe checking your CM could be your little bit of control each month until you're ready to jump in to OPKs or charting

Oh and btw, it's much easier to check your CM whilst sat on the loo instead of balancing against the bath! :D

Thanks Cheeky

Well i took your advice and tried it sitting on the loo, you were right was much easier :)

I think it will be a day of google for me today so i know what it should be like at certain points of the month! Theres just so much info to take in when TTC, my brain feels like its been sent into overdrive these last few weeks especially lol

https://www.beautifulcervix.com/ I found this site very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->