Co Sleeping / Arms Reach Question

Sarahwoo

Work from home Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I would be most grateful for some advice!!

My son is now one week old - he's breastfeeding like a pro and doing really, really well. However he won't sleep in his moses basket - in the day he likes to sleep on me or in his pram, at night I have ended up popping him in bed with us. I was really nervous about this but have followed all the recommendations etc and he sleeps so well, as do I as I feel so much better having him so close.

So, while I love having him in our bed I am still a little nervous about it, and having been looking at buying a snugglenest / arms reach co sleeper. I was completely taken with the Arms Reach until I read a review that said it's only really suitable for Divan style bed rather than a bed with a frame - our bed is a big woodern thing so it has a frame . . . does this mean it wouldn't fit? In which case does anyone know of a suitable alternative?

Thanks in advance ladies :)

I can't tell you about an armsreach but we had a snugglenest and for us it was a life saver. I think the frame might be the problem with an arms reach because it creates a gap between the cot and your bed. I liked the snuggle nest because it was basically a bed for LO inside our bed. It does take up a lot of room, you end up sleeping on your side a lot and you can only really use one pillow but it was a life saver. By the time LO was growing out of it she was ready for her own bed anyway.

HTH :flower:

I can't tell you about an armsreach but we had a snugglenest and for us it was a life saver. I think the frame might be the problem with an arms reach because it creates a gap between the cot and your bed. I liked the snuggle nest because it was basically a bed for LO inside our bed. It does take up a lot of room, you end up sleeping on your side a lot and you can only really use one pillow but it was a life saver. By the time LO was growing out of it she was ready for her own bed anyway.

HTH :flower:

Thank yoiu for your reply :) I think I'll take a look at the snuggle nest . . . we have a nice big bed so that should work okay, I really don't want to spend a few hundred quid to find out that the Arms Reach is no good!!

Thanks again :)

Can I just ask?
We use pillows to stop us rolling on LO, is this dangerous or something as the snugglenest seems very expensive when pillows do the same thing

We're having the same problem! And I'm so nervous of having Ellie in the bed with us. Will have a look at the snugglenest too.

I have the arms reach and we have a bed frame and it's fine :) It's easy for me as Ozzie is right next to me but there's no dnager of me rolling on him or him getting smothered iykwim?

I love it, my best buy definately:thumbup:

https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315/Snowball_1985/251220094144.jpg

Can I just ask?
We use pillows to stop us rolling on LO, is this dangerous or something as the snugglenest seems very expensive when pillows do the same thing

i think that probably depends where the pillows are placed and your own personal feelings tbh. Pillows near a baby are, IMO, dangerous. I never tried it myself but if the pillows were placed by your legs rather than your body that might work?

I would stay away from using pillows near a baby.

I have both an Arm's Reach and a Snugglenest. They are completely different things, so aren't really comparable. The snugglenest will be best if you want to keep LO in bed with you, but the Arm's Reach best if you want the security of LO having their own space.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my Arm's Reach. Wouldn't be without it. Definitely my best buy! :dance:

Is the concern with your bedframe that it sticks out really far so it will be hard to get the Arm's Reach up close to it?

I don't have my bed on a frame (just mattress and box spring on the floor) -- mostly because it makes for safer co-sleeping and bedsharing. So, I can't say much about big frames and the Arm's Reach. :shrug:

I have an ikea gulliver cot which has a removable side. it costs £75 and is perfect next to our bed. PM me if you want a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->