co-sleeping

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
I had no intention of co-sleeping with LO however now he is here i am coming round to the idea! He does not really mind too much being in his crib its me liking to be able to see him. Last night he slept in bed with us. Him on my side wrapped in blanket and me next to him with quilt wrapped firmly around myself so none escaped onto him with OH cuddled up behind me. I don't sleep with a pillow as i dont like them so that not an issue.

Am i doing it right? If not what do i need to do i obviously want him to be safe but the family comments creeping in are making me think that maybe he would be better in crib. Was so much nicer last night woke 2 times for feeds and i got up fed and got him back without any real cry OH did not even realise i had fed him was shocked to wake up and see was 5.30!

Personally for co sleeping I was a bit scared so i purchased something called snugglenest (you cna get them from tk maxx and amazon cheapest) which is like a little bed for them you put in yours. It just meant i could co sleep but still felt secure. It was a blessing for us personally but not everyone uses them.

Congrats btw :flower:

ok thanx for that will look into them. In the meantime is there anything different i should be doing or does what i wrote sound ok?

It does to me sound safe, no pillows no covers, limit the chances of rolling on to him as much as you can. I've heard some people put a pillow at the bottom of their tummy, underneath baby (i imagine a reasonable gap)to stop themselevs rolling. I think you would have ot take extreme caution with that though, having a pillow near your baby is dangerous, IMO anyway. Have you got a bed guard so he can't roll out? They start to become little wrigglers as they get older!

sounds fine to me :) as long as your following safe co sleeping rules (no drinking, smoking, pillows, duvets near baby etc etc) you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->