co-sleeping :)

lucy_x

Mummy To Two Stunners
Reaction score
My baby has decided co-sleeping is for us... We bought her a cot, but she hates it and scream and screams if she goes in it, prefering to sleep with me. I dont mind this (in fact i quite like it :) i can hear as she wakes up for a feed, reducing the awful whaling she used to do!) BUT i was just wondering what i can do to make it "safe",
we had a "side car" cot so shes safe with the whole falling out thing, i mean how to make it safer with reagrds to SIDS?

I do make sure that she doesnt have any quilt, Its far to hot for a duvet for me anyway, and my pillows are placed to high to smother her.
She will insist on sleeping on her side aswel.

Look on google for the best way to lay down with her (if bfing there are safe positions for that), use memory foam pillows as you can breathe through them easier (although still keep them far away) and just check on baby's temperature. Sounds like you're on the right track, congratulations on your gorgeous LO!

hehe thats what my LO decided too. Just be sure that you are aware of her at all times (i never get a DEEP sleep anymore) If you find that you arent aware of her at night, then co-sleeping isnt safe. Anything that will make you have a DEEP sleep like prescription meds/alcohol/recreational drugs/being overtired/depression etc should be avoided and if any of that applies to you, dont co sleep. As for sleeping on her side, my LO does this as well but i lay close enough that he cant roll all the way over (i am not too bothered if he did now because he has fantastic head control so he would manage) but at that age, i had a sleep positioner until i got a snuggle nest until he was stronger and i trusted myself more. It sounds like you are doing well so far! Enjoy the snuggles :)

Also a toddler bed rail will make sure she doesnt fall out if you fancy moving that cot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->