co sleeping

Shri

Reaction score
What are your thoughts - I love the idea, but I'd be terrified of the baby getting squashed or smothered. Both OH and I are really wriggly sleepers and OH is a very deep sleeper.

I found this

and thought it looked interesting. Would love to know what others think or have experience with.

We have agreed for LO not to co sleep for all the reasons you put. I also think it will make the transition to sleeping in his/her own room more difficult for LO too. However I do know quite a few people that have their babies in bed with them and have had absolutely no problems, but as I'm a bit of a worrier its just not worth the risk to me.

Awful idea IMO. I'm too afraid baby would get suffocated or something plus I think it would be very difficult to get the baby to eventually sleep on his own. I don't know about you but I'd rather not have a 6 year old in the bed with us!

what about something like this?

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products7/741663_l.jpg

Awful idea IMO. I'm too afraid baby would get suffocated or something plus I think it would be very difficult to get the baby to eventually sleep on his own. I don't know about you but I'd rather not have a 6 year old in the bed with us!

what about something like this?

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products7/741663_l.jpg

yes I am much more inclined to go for that sort of thing - then it is also easier to transition to their own space later on.

We co-slept with Olivia. I was also dead against it but we were so tired we were willing to do anything to get some sleep!
She would only settle in her moses basket for around 2hours then would take over a hour to settle back down. So in the end we put her in bed with us and soon after she started to sleep through!
Its funny cos when shes in bed with you, you seem to know shes there and you dont go into a deep sleep.. but you get the rest you need.
Also everyone says that they will never go in their own bed. Olivia went straight in her own cot in her own room from the day we tried her. She also carried on sleeping through.
Every child is different.
xxx

No, I won't be doing that. Me and OH toss and turn a lot and he's a very deep sleeper. I'm keeping the crib by my side so she'll still be very close to me

oh ya. baby will be sleeping in moses basket or crib in our room until 4 or 5 months then we'll move baby to its own room.

I figured on doing something co-sleeping related for the first few months just not sure what yet. I'm already sleeping on the couch cuz it's more comfy right now so I think I might keep on doing that for a few weeks with baby on my chest. I've read that sleeping with the baby on your chest helps them sleep through the night easier. Almost anything to help a baby sleep seems worth a try to me.

With my son I never planned on co sleeping. I had bassinet ight next to my bed. But I breastfed and it was so easy to have him lie there next to me! I loved knowing he was there and feeling him breathing. I usually sleep heavy and toss and turn. But with him there I was somehow aware of him the whole time!
He never had a problem with the transition to his own bed at around 3 months either. It was all so easy.
No, I don't plan on it this time around either but one never knows what will happen :)

I don´t want to co sleep, DH is all over the place when he sleeps and keeps rolling onto me and dropping his elbow onto my head so I think he´d do it with a baby if he does it to me.

We are going to co-sleep at night and use the cot in the day :)

We have the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper. I really like it. I was really against co-sleeping, but like other's have said, sometimes I'll lay with her and nurse and we'll fall asleep like that, but you notice she is there somehow. I also sleep with her on my chest sometimes and she sleeps really good like that.

Wow- so glad I found this post. Co-slept with my first LO and it made breastfeeding much easier. I also got much more sleep. Had no idea at the time that it was dangerous as I was young and uninformed! This time around I'll be buying a playpen that has a built-in bassinet sleeper on top. Like this..

https://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=82540

I have no interest in co-sleeping. Babies need a routine like going into their own beds, even if it is only for a couple hours sleep... that is a newborn for you.

They rely on us for way too much in the beginning and the independance is needed. Plus me and my OH would squash our poor girl, it is not a safe idea.

She will be in a basket for the first couple months and then into her nursery.

I fount this website when I was thinking of co-sleeping. I ended up just using a bassinet that has a bar that folds down and I can reach in :)

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp

What are your thoughts - I love the idea, but I'd be terrified of the baby getting squashed or smothered. Both OH and I are really wriggly sleepers and OH is a very deep sleeper.

I found this

and thought it looked interesting. Would love to know what others think or have experience with.

My DH was worried about crushing the baby, too, until I showed him another product very much like this. It changed his mind about it, and I'm now ordering one, ready for LO to sleep in our bed, but still protected in his own little space. Looking forward to it already :)

I dont believe in it. I've seen so many mothers go down this path and they're still struggling to get their 3-4 yr olds to sleep in their own rooms.

I'm not insulting or criticizing anyone who does it though. Everyone needs to find what they, personally, are comfortable with.
DH and I want our privacy in our bedroom back soon. Baby will sleep in a rocking crib next to the bed for the first couple of months then she'll be moved into her own room. (this is the idea)

We don't want her sleeping in our room once I'm back at work. We intend on getting her into a routine by then. I also refuse to let myself slip into the whole "it's better for breastfeeding moms if they sleep with you" idea. She'll have her bed we'll have ours.

Besides. I'd be too afraid to let her sleep with us LOL I'm surprised DH hasn't woken up with a black eye. We're both very violent sleepers. I'm the worst! :blush:

We co-sleep and it's not dangerous as long as you take the proper precautions. Also, many people find that there is no problem with getting them in their own bed when they're older. TBH I don't have a problem with sharing my bed with Kaya even when she gets older and is in her own bed - I expect she'll come through to our bed at some point in the night.

I was really against it while I was pregnant. Ryan didn't sleep in my bed for the first few months, but now if he wakes up quite early and he's wide awake, then the only way he'll go back to sleep then is to sleep in my bed. It's usually just for a couple of hours but we do it most mornings. It's really nice because he'll just lie next to me, looking at me and stroking my face until he falls asleep. :) x

We are co-sleeping, and I love it. I love having Bren next to me, and it makes feeding him so much easier. Somehow I am just totally aware of where he is, and any sound he makes that doesn't sound right, makes me wake up. I tried putting him in a cradle next to my bed, but he just would not settle at all. I also have the Baby's Nest co-sleeper, but he would not settle in that either. Right now I am not worried about it. I will eventually get him in the cradle, and in his crib when the time is right for him. Right now he needs to be close to me and me to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->