Coca cola? Safe?

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
So my morning sickness finally kicked in :( Bleugh!!! I'm not actually being sick just bad nausea! I'm struggling to find stuff to eat or drink etc!

So basically fizzy things are helping a bit, and I used to be a huuuuuuuge coke a holic!

Today in ASDA I felt so sick and sorry for myself that I bought some! And after drinking it I felt much better! Still not wanting to eat but hardly nauseous at all!

Now I'm worried that I did something wrong :s I haven't had any since before I found out I was pregnant!

Just watch the amount you drink in relation to the caffeine it has in it.

Up to 200 mg of caffeine is what they recommend. If you google it then the amounts in each drink will come up on baby centre website.
Don't worry about the one though :)

Fizzy pop has helped my nausea loads too. I buy the coke that is specifically made caffeine free, can you get that? Otherwise try another fizzy drink, any fizzy pop helps me

There's only 40mg of caffiene in a can of coke so you are fine. Here is a good link: https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/limit-caffeine-during-pregnancy.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=216

I asked my doctor the same thing and he said I can have up to 5 cans a day (not that I manage to get through that many lol) so long I don't drink any other caffeine high drinks :) I couldn't live without coke!

Thank you ladies! It's really helping me! I don't feel so bad about it now lol!

Lucozade was my life line with my sickness, only thing I could drink and the odd glass of fizzy flavoured water :)

Lucozade was my life line with my sickness, only thing I could drink and the odd glass of fizzy flavoured water :)

I've been drinking lemonade and fizzy water trying to curb my nausea and my coke craving but I couldn't stand it any longer lol! But I definitely won't be drinking loads of coke, just a little to curb my nausea. 7up and fizzy peach water the rest of the time :( haha!

Vanilla coke is my thing, ive limited it to a can every so often, its like liquid gold atm!

Coke was a lifesaver to me in first tri. with ds1 I worried so much over every little thing but honestly I've enjoyed it so much more being a bit relaxed this time. 40mg of caffeine is really ok for the day as others have mentioned you can have up to 200mg.

One thing I will say is I would avoid caffeine free cokes. The chemicals used to remove the caffeine are honestly a lot more harmful in my opinion than the tiny bit of caffeine in a regular one.

Vanilla coke is my thing, ive limited it to a can every so often, its like liquid gold atm!

I love love love vanilla coke!!! But my local ASDA don't sell it anymore and I haven't found it anywhere else :(

I have days where it completely repulses me and other days where it tastes nice.
I'm a bit worried about the phosphoric acid and sweeteners in it tho, so try to avoid having it more than once a week or so.

I distinctly remember my mum craving it when carrying my little brother! :) amazingly, they did both survive :haha:

I find sparking water is great for my nausea, especially with a bit of lemon juice squeezed in! Mind you that's probably dangerous or something as well lol!

I find sparking water is great for my nausea, especially with a bit of lemon juice squeezed in! Mind you that's probably dangerous or something as well lol!

Haha everything is bad in one way or another lol!!! If we excluded everything we'd starve lol!

I love love love vanilla coke!!! But my local ASDA don't sell it anymore and I haven't found it anywhere else :(

I saw it on offer in one stop yesterday! Full fat vanilla and cherry.

Well I know where I'm going tomorrow!!!

i did drink caffeinated drinks and i still do, BUT, its about once a month if anything when it comes to the canned and bottled ones. otherwise, im drinking sprite everyday because its fizzy, limey-lemony, and its safe because its caffeine free! ofcourse, the sugars arent good. i crave the coke icees so at work i buy one but never really finish it off. just drink half because they're huge here

I am not a big soda drinker, but when I do it is usually Sierra Mist or Sprite which I believe has no caffeine. Orange soda has been tasting especially delicious recently. I had to force myself to not buy it the other day at the store.

I think it's okay. I'm not a soft drinks person often I would just say don't go overboard. One here and there is totally fine.

In 1st tri I lived on fizzy flavored water because I don't like other things. Now I can't stand the same kinds of fizzy waters...and only drink lightly fizzy ones hehe.

Fizzy pop has helped my nausea loads too. I buy the coke that is specifically made caffeine free, can you get that? Otherwise try another fizzy drink, any fizzy pop helps me

I found hot sugary tea (3 cups a day) and club/Fanta lemon/volvic flavoured water did the trick eat very little and often too keeps you from getting too hungry/keeps you from wanting to throw up, tea and toast is always a good one to help, twister ice lollys, in other words anything light on ur tummy try to stay away from coffee and coke too easy to over do the caffeine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->