Coffee during TWW? Will it ruin my chances?

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone stopped drinking coffee altogether during IVF, especially during the two-week wait, or if you let yourself have a small cup now and then. Maybe a cup or two of decaf would be okay? (the water-processed kind.)
I just had an FET yesterday. Because the embies were already there in the freezer, I did drink coffee on the days leading up to the transfer. Yesterday (transfer day) I made myself a very weak cup of instant coffee for breakfast and then threw it out after one sip, saying "are you crazy, woman?" :blush: But maybe one cup of instant coffee (which has way less caffeine than brewed coffee) or one cup of brewed decaf coffee would be okay?
I cut out caffeine altogether for my first IVF pregnancy but I'd kind of like to have a cup of weak coffee or decaf now and then...

I know some people are totally in the no-caffeine camp, and I didn't drink any after my first three transfers. However, both my RE and acupuncturist said a limited amount was fine. I trust them, so I drank a tiny bit after my most recent transfer (example: I would order a tall, half-decaf drip and drink about half the cup). Now, it was not successful, but I don't think it had anything whatsoever to do with the 1/4 cup of caffeinated coffee I consumed.

They also say that 200 mg of caffeine is acceptable during pregnancy. But you need to do what you feel comfortable with. Good luck with your FET!!! I love how relatively easy they are.

By the way, I'm in the PNW as well!

One cup a day is fine, the miscarriage risk go's up when your drinking 3+ cups a day .

Hi
I don't drink coffee but gave up caffeinated tea when we started ttc and haven't drunk it since. I know the risks are small but I didn't want to have any what ifs.
Remember tho that lots of things (other drinks, chocolate) have caffeine in too.
Good luck. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->