Cold and flu remedies

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Is there anything that we can take ladies?

Feeling dreadful here and paracetamol is not working.

Honey and lemon? Some of the sudafeds may be safe for unblocking but you'd have to check.
Steam inhalation.
Not much in afraid, feel better soon.
Xx

Bugger all I'm afraid. I'm on cold number 2 in 3 months and feeling very lousy.

Buttercup syrup is ok in small doses and SOME of the Lemsip range but GP said no to decongestants and antihistamines for me.

Olbas oil and steam too is fine.

oh no last thing you need when prey. Honey and lemon like pp said and rest and lots of vit C. Hope you feel better soon X

I have the worst immune system, and every time I get a cold this pregnancy I start drinking green tea with fresh squeezed lemon 3x day, I swear within a couple days it's whiped out..... The tea has strong antibacterial/antiviral properties and lemon helps boost the immune system and also a natural antibaxterial.....
You can also take a lot of allergie meds to help with runny/stuffy nose.... I took a lot of Zyrtec the first 4 months of pregnancy, my first pregnancy I took Benadryl the entire time..... Suedophed is also safe, anything tylonal except tylonal with a decongestant ..... My dr gave me a huge list but I don't have it around :/

Robitussin is my go-to. Stops coughing and loosens up mucus.

You should eat lots of fresh garlic it is a natural antibiotic and tons and tons of water. I hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling a bit better after a nights sleep (even though it did include 7 or 8 toilet tropes :haha:)

:rofl: jz! I don't think my OH would appreciate that very much lol. ;)

I've just come down with a nasty cold coupled with a chesty cough (after a friend decided he'd come visit carrying a horrid cold because and i quote "you're pregnant, your immune system will be better than mine!!") *shakes head* I was furious! !!

Aside from been cross and very miserable all week, I've not been able to take much for it .. some tea, and a few non - medicated cough sweets.

i advise curling up on the sofa with a hot water bottle, and getting plently of fruit juice and rest ...

feel better soon xxx :hugs:

Thank you :) I feel a lot better now after a day or two indoors where it's warm.

Hope your better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->