Cold remedies

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

My little Louis bless him has a cold. He's 3 months old. Can anyone recommend any remedies, I'd rather not keep giving him calpol if I can help it.

Thanks xxx

There's not much you can give him, but if he's blocked up and is having trouble breathing through his nose or feeding you can try sitting in a steamy room (eg. shower room with hot shower running) for 15 minutes - you can also buy plug in vaporisers that help a bit: Vaporiser

Raising the head end of his mattress might help at night too x

oO I was about to ask about this, Tom's alot snufflier later so having to take him doctors later :(

We told my boy to the hospital one night when he was that age cause he was really struggling to breath. They told us the best thing to use is a nasal spray (salt water). You get certain ones which are baby friendly and they work well.

There isn't any medicine you can give to a baby this young, I think cold remedies start from about 1 year onwards. When Jack was ill, I used olbas oil on a bit of his bedding that he couldn't touch, or if not that, snufflebabe rubbed on his chest. I also bought a Tixylix vapour fan which is battery operated so you can put it wherever you want in the room, this can be used from 3 mths & smells quite nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->