Cold Sore! Aah!

Googiepie

Reaction score
I just noticed what appears to be a possible start of a cold sore :-s I've never had any symptoms or outbreaks before. I've been reading up online all these things with cold sores during pregnancy and I'm starting to freak out! :cry: I keep thinking that maybe I've had this for a long time and just now had an outbreak...I don't know what to think. :shrug: All I know is that I'm scared that I may somehow transmit this to my baby.

Speak to your midwife. I had one recently but often have them especially when i feel under the weather. As i understand it then they are only an issue if you have never had them before.

I have an appointment on Thursday so I will speak to her about it.

You won't transmit it to your baby. I've gotten them since I was a child but haven't had one in years until this pregnancy. I've had like 3! If you are going to take anything for it (valtrex), its best to start at the first sign so you may want to call your midwife ASAP.

I noramally get 3/4 a year and have done since my Grandmother passed it to me when I was a baby but during pregnancy I haven't had any.

Spray a little perfume on it to start with as the alcohol content will help and get yourself some cream. I have used Zovirax for years with no issues. Also, up your Vitamin C intake, this does help clear it up faster.

If you still have it when you have your baby you won't pass it on unless you put him/her anywhere near it, like kissing for example. If you need to test the temperature of anything by using your mouth get someone else to do it. And obviously, kissing hubby will only spread it to him.

Many of us carry the virus and never have a breakout and some only have one when they are stressed, run down and the immune system isn't working properly. Hopefully it won't be a regular occurrence for you.

Get Your first cold sore in late pregnancy is a concern, as baby doesn't have chance to build up immunity. Yourself and baby may need antiviraks or antibiotics so please do mention it to your dr or mw. The skin sheds so it's not just passed to baby by kissing or touch. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->