• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colds and Pumping

crownest

Reaction score
Myself and my Lil man currently have colds. Am I right in thinking I shouldn't pump and freeze as it might reinfect him at a later time if I use the milk ?

Unless you are taking medicine or something to get in your milk, it should be just fine. In fact, milk has great properties in it that can help keep babies healthy even when we are sick. I'm sorry in this instance you both have it, but your milk should be just fine to pump and freeze :) hope you both get to feeling better soon!

No, you're fine to pump and you're fine to breastfeed. He won't get reinfected later. Carry on. :)

Your milk may well have antibodies in it but not cold germs.

I was more worried about him sneezing and coughing on boobs and then it getting on pump . Im just washing my boobs beforehand with warm soapy water not that am in any humour to pump but need to keep supply up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->