Colds and sleeping

A

AppleBlossom

Grace has a really stuffed up nose and a bit of a cough and she woke up a few times last night because her nose was blocked. Then she slept until 8, I gave her a bottle and put her back in bed to see if she would go back to sleep as she was up quite late with her stuffy nose so I left the room expecting to hear her shout me but she didn't so I left it and went back to bed. I woke up and it was 11 and I hadn't heard her and was about to go in and check her but then I heard her laughing to herself so I thought I'd check on here while she was entertaining herself as usually she won't sleep past 11 and just plays for a while then gets narky and shouts me but about 15 minutes ago there was silence, she's gone back to sleep!! I don't know if it's cause she's tired from being up so late or maybe because her cold is making her a bit sleepy. Is that likely? Or is she just being lazy? lol

aww poor Grace :hugs:

I don't know maybe a bit of both? You know how colds can make you feel groggy, hopefully sleeping it off is helping her body fight it x

My baby sleeps loads in the day when he has a cough/ cold. So I think prob that. I would only worry if she was lethargic and had something more than a cold, like a temp or infection or something.

Probably from the cold, when Hannah was sick she slept loads!

probably the cold, but sleep and rest is the best thing for them when they are sick. As long as she is eating/drinking enough your all good.

aww poor bub , colds are not fun for them :( have you tried some saline drops for her nose ..may help her get more rest as she needs that now ?

Hope she feels better soon xx

Yeah Max has a cold atm, and hes sleeping on and off throughout the day...which is strange for him! I think its because they can fight their illness more effectivley when asleep so they do lots of it..her body is resting to get better quicker..clever girly!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->