College while pregnant. SIGH!

briashayy

On baby #2!!
Reaction score
As of now, going to college and being pregnant is perfectly fine, and I'm more than able. However, my little one is due March 31st which will be in the middle of next semester!! As much as I'd absolutely love to continue on, and not have to take a semester off, I just have a feeling I'll be way too over whelmed when the time comes closer, and especially with the little one here.

So I'd just like all of your opinions!! Do y'all think it'd be best to just take the semester off, or do you think I'm capable to continue?

You will manage upto when? for one or two months just so its better to off the semester. You can continue after the birth.
Wish you best of luck

I'm due right in the middle of next term! I'm going to take it off, I'm not prepared to juggle university AND a newborn! Don't feel you have to do the semester, you may be better off taking a break :flower:

I'm sure you could do it if you absolutely had to. But if you can take the semester off, I would. It'll make for an easier third trimester and your baby will benefit hugely from having you around and 100% concentrating on them in the early months. If you're planning to breastfeed, that'll also be infinitely easier if you can be around baby. :thumbup: Not to mention the fact that you'll need time to recover yourself and wouldn't be able to put your all into college for a few weeks at least. So in the end, I think both your education and your baby will benefit from you taking the time off.

I'd take it off as theres no way really you'd be able to take maternity leave from school (which you absolutely will need to recover post partum!) not to mention it is your first baby which can be very scary and difficult in the beginning to handle. Lots of sleepless nights and figuring stuff out. Trying to focus on studying/writing papers/homework while caring for a newborn while wouldn't be impossible (if you have a strong support system) would be very hard. I'm having my third in the middle of next semester so I'm taking it off and just going to finish the semester after.

I'm due late January/early February, so I'm taking the whole semester off. I don't think it's worth having so much stress when I should be enjoying my newborn. Plus, I'd probably fail my classes...

But really it's up to you. You'll have to weigh your pros and cons.

I don't know how college works in the US but you are goin to want to spend as much time with that beautiful bundle as you can, if it were me I would definitely be taking the time off.

Better to take it off and return relatively level headed and stress free than try to juggle both and then be stressed at college and with baby.

Good Luck either way, I am due just a couple of days before you, I'm here to chat anytime!

Thank y'all so much!!! I know you're all right about takin the time off. I guess simply hearing my family say I should stay in made me reconsider. But when I think about it, I'd much rather be stress free and able to spend as much time with the baby as possible the first couple months :)

I'm just going to take one online class next semester. That won't be too hard, and at least I won't feel like I wasted a whole semester.

it's do-able, not fun, but if you can learn to balance everything you'll be fine. I have a 22 month old, work full time, and i'm going to school to get my masters. Life is extremely stressful and crazy... i never have any time for myself, but i'm working my way through it and doing (mostly) okay.

I was in nursing school full time and had to drop due to being pregnant with twins. I have lifting restrictions and can't do clinicals �� I plan to return next fall for some online bachelors courses to ease my way back in. I'd take the semester off- enjoy your baby and relax during 3rd trimester :)

University is incredibly stressful. Sometimes you don't even notice the effects it has on you mentally and physically- so I'd say definitely take it off until after baby, as stress isn't good for a pregnant women, no matter how much people try to tell you otherwise--it's just not worth it.

Sometimes I won't even think i'm stressed until my face starts breaking out, or my hair starts falling out, or I sleep for 13 hours straight, or i get a cold that lasts 6+ weeks. Stress affects every part of you. No matter what course or year your in, surely it won't be a breeze.

Unless you were in a dire situation and needed the qualification NOW, just take a breather :) goodluck!!

I had the stress induced hair loss- called Tellogen effluvium- fun fun

How are you ladies dealing with morning sickness? I had to miss all of my classes because I was feeling so sick! And that can not happen often or I'll fall behind. Tips?

Honestly I've never had morning sickness! I know a girl in my class does and she has to leave several times to go throw up :/ I feel bad for her. I think she said she's trying to eat light: crackers, fruits, etc and it's helped her a little

Honestly I've never had morning sickness! I know a girl in my class does and she has to leave several times to go throw up :/ I feel bad for her. I think she said she's trying to eat light: crackers, fruits, etc and it's helped her a little

you are lucky! Morning sickness is awful :p I've been eating saltine crackers whenever I get nauseated, and sometimes it helps, but not always

How are you ladies dealing with morning sickness? I had to miss all of my classes because I was feeling so sick! And that can not happen often or I'll fall behind. Tips?

Tips;

If you tell your course co-ordinator and lecturers, they should be understanding and give you extensions when needed. It's very important to let them know regardless, incase your sick/faint in class or need medical attention.

Also, your lecture slides and notes should be online so if you do your readings in bed at night, then miss class, then go over the notes the next day, you won't miss out on too much. Make friends with someone or get the class representatives number/email so that you can be notified if you miss anything super important like exam tips or change of course content etc.

Lastly though; don't be too hard on yourself- uni is hard enough as it is without the added pressure of pregnancy, so if you fail a class or put your degree on hold, don't feel like you failed yourself :thumbup:

Goodluck girls :flower:

I'm due right before exams and the like. Not ideal but just have to deal with it. Have you spoken to the uni about it?

I'm at college full time, due 8th feb & I'm already struggling due to SPD. I'm hoping to be there right up until the end of January but I'm just playing it day by day. Don't put too much stress or yourself or try plan it hun because you don't know how you'll feel closer to the time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->