Come off BCP, when to start using OPKs??

Emiloo

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am totally new to TTC and have just come off BCP (last pill was on Tuesday) I have been on BC for about 5 years now but I think my periods were pretty regular having about a 28 day cycle.

I am planning to chart but that wont be able to predict my ovulation for a couple of months so thought Id give OPKs a go.

But I have no idea when to start using them and how often?!

Thanks Spicy will have a look now!!

I came off the pill at the end of September and had my withdrawal bleed. I didnt use OPK's that cycle and im not really sure when I ovulated but I know my hormones were all over the place. My cycle went right back to 28 days. The next cycle I tested positive on an OPK at cd12. That cycle ended up being 26 days. So this cycle I just tested yesterday at cd9 and -, so I tested today at cd10 and it's almost positive. So for you I would probably test on cd10 to start. It just might take a couple days of testing. And you're best to test after 10 am (don't use FMU).

Thank you for your reply, I feel so lost!! So would CD1 be the day my withdrawal bleed starts?? Looks like I'll have to test at work- awkward timings lol!

Yup cd1 is they day you have full flow. Like for example this cycle I started spotting the afternoon before then it turned to full flow the next day, that was cd1. If you look at your OPK box (not sure what kind you're using, mines from the $ store) it will give you a guideline on when to test. But I know 28 day cycle suggests you start testing on cd10. Then it usually means you'll ovulate between 24-48 hours after your first positive. Some people test positive for more then one day. And then hopefully you'll get some cramping and EWCM to confirm you did O. Then the OPK's will start to lighten. First day past O day is 1dpo :) Hope that helps!

Thank you very much- that helps alot!!

No problem! Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->