Coming into contact with chicken pox???

C

charlotte8

Hi everyone

I have just found out that someone at my works son has chicken pox.
I myself have never had it. Does anyone know if I should be worried.
Can it get passed on this way? And even though I have never had it doesnt mean I couldnt pass it on to my unborn baby does it?

Any advice would be really helpful
thanks in advance
xx

Working in a surgery here is my advice - phone your doctor and tell them - Normally if the mother has had chickenpox i do not think it can be passed on - if you have never had chicken pox and are sure of this then you are at risk if you contract it and i know it isnt good for your baby - best advice is phone your doctor - we get loads of phonecalls from pregnant woman who have came into contact with chickenpox one way or another - good luck xx

Hi Hun,

If you click on the link it will take you to the page on the NHS website re Chickenpox.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1109.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=137

Does the lady at work (the mum) also have it? If not - you should be ok as the NHS website says the ways to catch it are:-

How do you catch chickenpox?

Chickenpox is very infectious. It’s caused by the herpes varicella-zoster virus (VZV). If you’re not immune to VZV, you can easily catch chickenpox from someone else who has it.

In chickenpox, VZV can be passed on through the air and by direct contact. For example, you can catch it if you are:

* in close contact with someone who has chickenpox,
* face-to-face with them for at least five minutes, or
* in the same room with them for at least 15 minutes.

So... if she hasn't got it - you should be ok. :hug:

If she has had chicken pox she will not pass it on to you. If you have not had chicken pox then you can pass it on to your baby if you come into contact with it. But you have to come into contact with someone who is carrying it (and therefore have not had it themselves). If she has not had chickenpox then contact your dr cos you can have blood taken to check your immunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->