Coming of the Pill Early?

Thanks everyone, will definetly be speaking with OH tonight to see what he thinks. After hearing how long it can take I'm feeling like coming of the pill at the end of the packet I'm on now and stocking up on condoms until near holiday time lol. Where are you going on holiday lovehearts?

I've noticed a few people saying their doctors had advised them to come of the pill early. I was thinking of making an appointment to speak to my doctor about planning TTC next year but felt a bit silly. I was just wanting any advice they could give but wasn't sure if this was something other people did.

We are going to Aruba :thumbup: supposed to be amazing - im so excited! :happydance: We are using condoms at the moment- not really enthusiasitc about it but needs must! Cant wait till we can throw them away next year!

I am going to go to the doctors next year - poss February kind of time to talk to her about ttc/ntnp in May, and also altering my cycle as i am due af right in the middle of the holiday :rofl: just my bloody luck! I want to be ovulating not bleeding! :dohh:

Did you talk to your OH last night?

x

Well I spoke to OH last night and he said he would be happy if I wanted to come of the pill right now :D He would be happy to TTC right now though so I was kinda expecting him to say that lol. He said we can use condoms until next year if I want but I am not sure about whether or not we would keep that up lol. Like you say runnergirl and webbykinskt it will be a hard adjusment and I hate condoms too and find they can make me sore but will just have to wait and see how it goes. I really like the sound of that book too runnergirl so might have to look into that :D

Think I might go and see my doctor at the start of next year too for any extra advice she can give me and OH.

Thanks for all the advice guys you have been a great help. I feel so much better now and am really excited to get off my pill now :D

Thanks everyone, will definetly be speaking with OH tonight to see what he thinks. After hearing how long it can take I'm feeling like coming of the pill at the end of the packet I'm on now and stocking up on condoms until near holiday time lol. Where are you going on holiday lovehearts?

I've noticed a few people saying their doctors had advised them to come of the pill early. I was thinking of making an appointment to speak to my doctor about planning TTC next year but felt a bit silly. I was just wanting any advice they could give but wasn't sure if this was something other people did.

We are going to Aruba :thumbup: supposed to be amazing - im so excited! :happydance: We are using condoms at the moment- not really enthusiasitc about it but needs must! Cant wait till we can throw them away next year!

I am going to go to the doctors next year - poss February kind of time to talk to her about ttc/ntnp in May, and also altering my cycle as i am due af right in the middle of the holiday :rofl: just my bloody luck! I want to be ovulating not bleeding! :dohh:

Did you talk to your OH last night?

x

Wow that sounds lovley. We haven't booked yet but are planning Mexico around 17 May can't wait :happydance:

Yeah I think me and OH might go see our doctor around then too :D

Yeah I spoke to him last night and he is happy for me to come off the pill as soon as I want and will use condoms until nearer the holiday. I said we can maybe just relax around March onwards because I wont mind an oops after that lol.

Just wanted to add here - I'm one of those who came off the pill (Cerazette) and got one period, then got pregnant :) So.... Coming off the pill JUST before you TTC could be beneficial (don't quote me on that, but there seem to be a LOT of girls who got preg very shortly after coming off of the pill). On the other hand it is nice to know when your cycles are back to normal - but I used OPKs so I knew when I ovulated (roughly) and it didn't really matter to me when my period was due. I ovulated in the 'cycle' between stopping the pill and getting my first period and in the first cycle we started TTC (obvo because I'm preg! :lol:)...

Definitely have a word with your Dr and decide what's best for you. If you've had issues before starting the pill, or have been on it for a while it could mean you need a while off of it before you start ovulating.. It's difficult to tell.

Good luck whatever you decide!!! :) :dust:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"