Coming off BCP - Yasmin??

megv

Reaction score
I have been on birth control for 8 years. I switched a few times... most recently about 15 months ago from Ortho Tricyclen to generic (due to insurance) Yasmin. I did take a 3 month break off of BCP about 4 years ago, but that is the only time... My cycles were regular immediately last time after coming off BCP. I can't remember if I came off of Yaz or Ortho Tricyclen though.... I'm hoping it will be the same this time....

Does anyone have a stories/symptoms to share about getting off of Yasmin?? I am anxious to get my cycle back to normal after so long.

I never had regular cycles until I came off of yasmin. Granted they are now 35 day cycles, they are quite regular... except my ovulations, they surprise me - either early or later than expected, so I temp just to be sure!

Good luck x

I've come off of Yasmin (after 3 months) and Tri-Sprintec (after 1 year) (generic Ortho-tri cyclen)... both times my cycle went pretty much back to normal --- aka highly irregular! Coming off of Tri-Sprintec was a lot easier though in my opinion. I had horrid mood swings coming off of Yasmin! I hope it goes better for you!

I just came off Yaz around Nov 23rd. I had a very light (2day) period starting Nov. 30th. It started with brown and pink spotting which was kinda weird. Coming off of the pill I felt very very emotional , bloated, and nauseated. I didn't have any issues ovulating this month. I ovulated Dec. 16th.

Good luck to you. :)

Hi megv,

I was on Yasmin for 6 years and came off it in April this year, I ovulated on CD21 the first cycle and got a BFP on CD31 ( had worked out I was probably going to have a 35 day cycle.
Unfortunately I had a MC 8 weeks along and heartbroken went back on Yasmin.

I only just came off start of Dec and am now up to CD15 and haven't yet O'd but am temping and using OPKs.

Good luck and lots of baby dust x

I had a horrid experience coming off of Yasmin that wasn't cycle related. I got chest pains and other asthmatic symptoms (I don't have asthma!). I also started to get PMS. I honestly never got it before! I felt ill straight from ovulation to AF. And my cycles went back to being irregular. Oh well.

I HATE Yasmin! I had so many issues with it, and didn't even realize it right away!
My doc switched me from Ortho for some reason. I had horrible mood swings, insomnia, weight gain, and SOBBED days before my period! This went on for MONTHS before I even though it could be from Yaz. I went back on Ortho, and all of that went away!
I also was on BCP for 8 years. I went off in March when we started TTC. My cycle is still every 4 weeks pretty much to the day, but my LP is off. My cycle should be a few days longer. I started vitamin B6, so hopefully that helps!

I was on Yasmin for about three and a half years and I loved it. Mine were from Croatia, though, and there is, apparently, a slight difference in active agredients, or fillers, of whatever. I refused to switch to the prescription thing in the US, so I just had my family keep the supplies up when I moved to the States.

When I first started, I was a bit cautious because I hated the idea of any synthetic hormones, but I had no bad side-effects at all. I lost weight, my skin improved, my hair was beautiful and my cycles were 28 days with my period showing up always on a Thursday, at the same HOUR. Everything was really lovely and predictable.

When I got off the pill (I quit in June 2011, at the end of the cycle, not randomly in the middle of it, or anything), it took a few months for my body to adjust its own hormones. My period has been regular from the beginning, but I did need a couple months or so to figure out some skin issues - it became really dry and my atopic dermatitis took a turn for the worse, as well as my hair turned limp and icky-looking. But now I'm getting back on track again.

Just the first month off the pill was... a bit shitty, mood-wise. I felt like I had a 26-day PMS. Which I probably did, after all. There's no real PMS on the pill. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->