Coming off Cerazette

Twinkle Toes

Preparing
Reaction score
I have just been reading some articles on Cerazette and now I am a bit worried!

I came off the pop 7 weeks ago now, I wanted to let my body get back to "normal" and as I was ill I used that tine to come off. I have not gone back on the pop.

I am still waiting for AF, thought I'd do some research and have found out that it can take up to a year for AF to return and it can really affect fertility.

I'm now really worried and was wondering if anyone had come off Cerazette before TTC and had any info?

I understand it can take up to a year to get back to 'normal' cycles after coming off any brand of pill. However, everyone is different and they say your cycle is likely to return to how it was before you took the pill. You are by no means the only one who had to wait for their af to show up. If it hasn't shown after a while, I would probably see the doctor. Try not to worry though, as it is not unusual.

Thank you. :hugs:

I think I am worried about it affecting your fertility bit I have never heard of this before!

I also never realised it would take so long for my cycle to return! I never saw AF while I was on the POP. I have been having symptoms of a period, bloated saw boobs, emotional, cramps, feeling slightly sick but no spotting or any type of bleeding.

When I spoke to my DR about coming off the pill and asked for advice all she could give me was not to. So I am waiting until I have moved to see the new DR and hoping she is more helpful!

I can't beleve I recommended this pill to people! I never had this problem after the injection.

i took cezarrette, and it took me about 8/9 weeks before af returned! but everyones body's different. if your really worried, go to your doctor and ask to see someone else! to be honesti dont find fertility a problem, as i'm pregnant!! also, can i ask where you got these articles from? i only ever trust things i get direct from my doctor. hope af shows up soon hun, and you can put your mind at ease! x

It's true that the pill has been very heavily researched and there is no evidence to show it affects your long term fertility. Did you have regular periods before you went on bc? Chances are your af will show up sooner rather than later.

I found it on a number of diffrent sights

That’s why I started a tread on here to get your opinions! There was just so many different things said!

It's good to here your preg Maddiwatts19 :happydance: :) I wish you lots of luck!

I guess there is no way of telling if this is or has been a problem for me until I have stated TTC myself.

The general gist of it then is to keep waiting and AF will come knocking at my door when she's ready (sooner rather than later though)

Before the POP and the injection I did have a regular cycle!

Thank you both

I too have just come off cerezzette and have to say had nothing but trouble with it.:cry:

I came off 3 months ago but have been the opposite. I have had a AF every 2 weeks and have been bed ridden with sickness and nausea for the last 3 days. I thought it was a stomach bug but am convinced it is the pill because my mood has changed (as you can tell I am not in a great mood today lol) and had bad headaches, I was told it would take upto 3 months for it to come out of my system. Different subject but if anyone has any cures for stomach bugs it would be greatly appreciated :blush:

I wish I never went on it in the first place. It started to make my skin turn patchy and discoloured. I would recommened anyone to stay away from this pill. I also read some articles but I would not worry about it I am sure your AF will turn up soon as I am proof. I have been doing Natural family planning since. It seems the better option.:hugs:

i came off Cerazette too when we stared ttc. i had been taking it for years as i have PCOS, it took my body about 8 weeks to return to normal, and even with PCOS we concieved after 9months of coming off the pill :)

Thanks Girls,

Sorry I haven't been here but I have no computer at home!

I have taken all of what you have said on, and I gonna stop thinking about it and let AF comes when she come's.

Thanks again!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Twinkle Toes, I'm new on here today! I have been taking Cerazette for a while (on other brands before including Dianette, for about 10 years in total) also, I stopped taking it 4 weeks ago yesterday so I'm in the same boat as you!

I was going to keep taking it until the end of this month but when I started reading the forums about how long it can take to return to normal I stopped earlier. My Husband and I had planned to start trying after Christmas when we go skiing but I'm abit worried I won't have any normality back by then!

Good luck to you and let me know how you get on x

:hi: Sheridon1984

Nice to meet you.

Any sign of AF yet I myself am still wating but I have decided to put it to the back of my mind! I'm glad I stopped taking it when I did. OH and I are not going to be trying for a :baby: for at least 2 years but by then my cycle will be back to normal. :happydance: I should also know when my peak times are by then too.

It's now been 7 week since I came off the pop, where as last week I as having aches and pains this week I have just been normal. Nothing no aches sickness nothing so I am not too worried. If nothing has hppened by the time I have moved I will go to the DR just to check that everything is working ok and there is not another problem (I am sure there is not)

Welcome to BNB :hi:

And I wish you all the best when you do start TTC! :sex: :wink:

Keep me informed of any progress with AF

:hug:

Just wanted to add, I was on Cerazette for about 3 months, and my period came after a month. I just came off it recently, after being on it again for about 6 months and my period came on day 43! I've been having slight cramps for the past few days, and on day 28 now! So...fingers crossed my cycle'll be getting back to normal soon too.

Hope yours does too! :D

xxx

:hi:

Fingers crossed for you too!

:hugs:

It does seem like the first one takes ages to come!

When are you planing on TTC

Hey Twinkle Toes, sorry it's taken a while to reply - i thought i would get a email to say someone else had replied to the thread! Nevermind :cry:

Well no AF progress yet, now on week 6 of the waiting game! I expect it will arrive at the most awkward time possible but thats just sods law isnt it!

On a good note my cousins wife gave birth to a healthy baby girl last night so that was nice to hear - just can't wait until the day comes that we can ring around everyone to tell them our baby delivery news! :happydance: x x x

Hi babe I am still waiting too :hissy:

She's taking the sweet time about it! I am moving this weekend and have a 3 & half hr drive so you can guarantee it will happen then! :hissy:

That’s really good news about your cosines wife! Have they named her yet! I know what you mean about phoning everyone all my friends are pregnant just given birth or TTC now! But I am glad we are waiting!

Yeah they have called her Darcy Jo and she was 7lb 12oz, i expect we will be meeting her over the weekend which will be exciting!

Good luck with the move, we are moving just before Christmas, it will be lovely to have abit more space and plenty of room for children when the time comes! x x

aw bless

Good luck with you move too! I won't be on BNB for a while after tomo because of the move but I will come looking for you when I come bk

Hi! I took Cerazette for about 5 years, and came off it in January this year when we decided to try for a baby. My AF came back about 6 weeks after coming off the pill, and we got our BFP in June this year. I'm now almost 24 weeks :happydance:

Hope it works for you - good luck hun! :hugs:

Woohoo 62 days after stopping cerazette a/f has come along briefly for a few days anyway!!

hey it will be 6 weeks on wednesday since coming off cerezette and no sign yet. although the other night i did notice some brown cm when i wiped but it was only the once and it wasnt much.. thought i would keep you updated, the waiting game is doing my head in now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->