Coming off Cerazette

Just seen this thread and thought I would add my two-penneth!

I went on Cerazette in August as my old pill, Cilest, was giving me jip - depression mainly. I was given Cerazette and told to start immediately. Well I bled almost non-stop for 3 weeks then it just stopped...great, no period. But i did get all the symptoms of pregnancy, so much so that I took about a dozen tests convinced I was.

Well, after 3 months on Cerazette, my depression came back ten fold. I came off the pill on the 6th November and did not get any withdrawal bleed. I got loads of PG symptoms again for about 3-4 weeks. At the end of the 4th week though they all stopped....everything. By no AF.

She finally showed up on December 16th, day 40!!! She's just leaving now after a 5 day bleed or thereabouts, so I'm on CD6 and hoping for a shorter cycle this time.

I too had read the articles about it affecting your fertility and taking up to a year for AF to show up. I was very relieved indeed on Monday to get AF (although the pains were murder!!!). We aren't going to be TTC for about 11 months but I came off as the pill was not agreeing with me and do not intend to go back on to anything until after my baby making is done, when I'll get a coil and have done with it!!

I'm glad to read that others have been ok after taking this pill..I guess only time will tell with me.
A

well this is the 3rd time i have had some brown streaky cm. very sticky. think this is maybe my withdrawal bleed but so glad to know that something down there is happening. 6 weeks on christmas eve i will have come off the pill x

Just to add my experiences....

I was on this pill for nearly 4 yrs - and didn't bleed once in this time - Yay !!

I came off at the start of July and by the end of August I was back to normal - took about 8 wks I think. now I have a bleed every month - it's not regular 28 days as yet - more like 22 - but I do ovulate so no affects on my wanting to TTC

Hang in there - it'll come and when it does you'll probably wish it hadn't as my first was agony !!

I think it depends on what type you are taking. I was on Cilest and fell two months later, unfortunetly i had a mc. but goodluck to you :)

really really hope my af shows shoon! i hvnt really been getting many signs apart from my little brown streakyness cm. fingers crossed it comes in the next couple of weeks xxx

Obviously it entirely depends on your body hun. But seriously try not to worry, I fell pg on cerazette. xxx

i keep trying not to worry, but its in the back of my mind that there is something wrong with me lol its only been 6 weeks, what am i going to be like in another 6 weeks if nothing shows? but surely the brown streaked cm is a good sign? xx

Hi I'm new to this site but I have been reading lots of threads and feel that I should share my experience with cerazette.

My partner and I have decided to ttc after our summer hols, however after reading the threads I have come off cerazette now. I have been taking it for 9 months now and have had slight breakthrough old blood just twice in this time.

I stopped taking the pill 1 week ago and af arrived the very next day and lasted for 1 week. I hope this means that my body should return to normal pretty soon.

Prior to taking cerazette I have suffered from migraines since childhood and haven't had one since being on this pill. It has only been since reading the threads that I put 2 and 2 together and realised that the pop had stopped them. I had a migraine today for the first time in months :|

It seems that everyone is very different but hopefully it will make some of you feel better about taking/coming off cerazette.

Fingers crossed that we will conceive without a hitch, i'll keep you updated

A <3

I came off cerazette at the beginning of april and my cycles are back already, even if it is every two weeks :( better than nothing i guess. It has been hurrendus though, with all the pregnancy symptoms but no baby, if i'd have known the nightmare it would be to get this out of your system i wouldn't have taken it in the first place.

hi i came off cerazette 7 weeks ago been on it for 6 years since my baby and still no AF for me, hope it dont take too long, as we are ttc

is any one else been on it this long and when did AF come
xxx

hey :)
ive just come off cerazette as it caused me major problems! - may have read in my pop thread.
i had a really weird short af about 2 days after i came off. i know my hormones are still all messed up what with more tiredness than usual and serious moodiness! i wouldnt worry at all; even if i got af and u havent done im sure we all react in different ways. id just get a few ovulation tests in a while so you can see where your bodys at then go for it with the ttc :)
good luck! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->