Coming off the pill - cycles

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Hello ladies :flower:

I'm hoping to be joining you very soon and as of now I'm still on the pill, I just wanted a bit of advice from people who have possibly already stopped taking it.

My cycles pre pill were extremely irregular, there was never a month where I could say "I'm due on this day" and that was the main reason for going on, I started my periods when I was 12, went on the pill when I was 13 and have been on it since. (I'm 23 now so 10 years minus the 9 months I was pregnant with DD).

My question is, after being on the pill long term, did your cycles regulate after coming off?

I was on the pill from 13 due to ridiculously heavy and long periods. I came off of it when I was 25 and got my BFP 4 weeks later so first cycle! They do say it can take up to 18 months for periods to get back to normal or for ovulation to start tho

With my dd I came off it and had a regular 27 (was 28 days on the pill) cycle straight after it. Got my bfp my third month of trying. This time around, I've also had regular 27 day cycles since coming off (now on month 3) - not 100% sure I am ovulating but I've not been doing detailed tracking.

Good luck! X

I have had a little more of a difficult time. I went on the pill when I was 21 because my periods were heavy and irregular. I just went off the pill at the end of march. A few days after stopping I got a breakthrough bleed like a regular pill period.

Then about 40 days later I got my first real period very very heavy and clotty.

The second month I got my period about 37 days later still heavy but not as bad. Had about 3 days of spotting before it started though.

The third month I got my period again about 38 days later but had about 5 days of spotting beforehand.

Then....I waited 68 days for a period. Ugh. It's finally here.

My point is, I haven't had it so easy regulating. I think everyone is different and you just have to go off the pill to see what your body might do. My new suggestion to anyone who wants to start trying though is to go off the pill months before you even want to try and use backup methods for a few months. That way you can give your body a head start!

Good luck!

I had irregular periods before the pill as to why I went on the pill, they did stay quite irregular once I had come off the pill too and pretty much stayed that way until we started ttc my son that was the only time they regulated. I think it will be a case of waiting and seeing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->