Coming off the Pill (Yasmin) - Side effects?

animalcracker

1st time new mum!
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just joined the forum tonight and I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.

A little bit about me - I am 38 years old, never been pregnant. Hubby and I dated 4 years and got married just last year. The time is finally right for us to try and get pregnant. I have been on the pill (Yasmin) for about 9 years and I am reading the most awful stories about the effects some women experience coming off the pill.

Hubby and I are excited about having a baby. I am 38 and hubby is 40 - neither one of us has has children before (I have never been pregnant) so we are both anxious and eager to start this journey :o)

I wanted to reach out to you guys who were on Yasmin and ask if you experienced any bad side effects coming off? I have read about hair loss, acne, extreme weight gain and moodiness/mood swings among other effects coming off Yasmin.:cry:

These stories have me feeling very nervous about coming off the pill and I am hoping some of you will be kind enough to share your comments, stories and experience about coming off Yasmin.

Thank you all in advance!:flower:

First let me say hi and congrats on your decision to start trying! I was on Yasmin for about 6 years before coming off. I had no adverse side effects. A few pimples which have subsided now 5 months later and a bit of weight gain, but nothing too drastic although I am still trying to get that off. I think age is beginning to work against me inthe weight loss department ;)

I was on yaz which is a type of yasmin for one year. I actually lost weight when I came off of it, but it took me 8 months for my cycles to regulate (I went 4 months with a light cycle every six weeks, and then nothing for 4 months). Once my body regulated though, I was regular with 32-36 day cycles. I was on other low estrogen pills on an off for 9 years before I was on yaz, and seemed to regulate when off every time. I think the best thing is just to give your body time to find its rhythm again. I came off of the pill six months in advanced to let my body figure itself out.
However, every women is different, and you could be regular right away. I truly hope that this is the case for you!!!:hugs:
Congrats on ttc and I wish you a quick and healthy journey:hugs:

I was on Yaz and Yasmin for about 2 years.
When I came off, I got no side effects. My cycles got regular pretty much right away. The only thing was that the real period came 2 months late. I had the withdrawal bleed and 27 days later I got a period, but not the real one.The 2nd period after stoping the pill was normal.
And my face cleared up!
That's a plus, right?
Congrats on your baby plans!

Thank you all so much for your replies and kind words! We are both very excited at the prospect of having a baby :happydance:

Hopefully I will follow suit like you gals and have nothing too drastic occur when I come off Yasmin.

Thanks again for the replies!:flower:

hiya, i diddnt have any side affects either! i was only on it for 6 months but everything went back to normal straight away, i finished it on a friday had my withdrawal bleed on the monday then got caught pregnant straight away. i hope you have the same luck as me x

I was on yasmin for several years & various sorts of pill for nearly 20 years altogether - had no side affects - had 2 very long (40 day) cycles & then back to 28/29 days. Am on cycle 3 of TTC but think that's because I'm fat & old!!

Hi there, welcome to BnB. I was on yasmin for 3 1/2 years. I read about all the bad side effects comming off yasmin as well but did not experience them. My cycles were actualy more regular than when i was taking the pills, they're 28 days on the dot. i know i've been Ov'ing. My first real period I had bad PMS and a really heavy but short period, but then my period went back to normal as well.
Good luck I hope you are as lucky as me... and best of luck TTC #1!

I was on an IUD for 3 years and then on Yasmin for 13 months. I came off it 8 Feb, had withdrawal bleed, had my first 'normal' bleed again on 11 March (cd1) and.... got pregnant around 29 March! I am only 4 weeks now, and still not quite believing it.

But just goes to show, even though my cycle did get longer (32 days) and I ovulated late, I still ovulated. I guessed I ovulated by looking at my cervical mucus.

Good luck to you.

I have just come off the yasmin pill... I came off it 9th July and I had my withdrawel bleed on the 12th and it last 5 days... I think I Ovulated on the 26th July.... and I am now having PG symptoms but I am worried and just thinking its pill related.... what do you guys think who have been on yasmin??? and I am worried if I am PG I will MC as I have heard alot people doing that after coming off pill and getting PG straight away

i was on yasmin for 9 years, No problems coming off it and my cycles regulated really quickly and got my bfp on cycle 3.

i think a lot of us girls get pg symptoms cycle after cycle without getting the bfp at the end of it so who knows.

i wouldnt worry about mc though if you are

I'm one of those people who had a horrible experience coming off Yasmin. I didn't get AF back for almost a year. :nope: (I finally did get AF back almost exactly a year ago, so things did eventually get normal again. But at the time I thought I'd never see it again.)

I just felt weird the whole time I didn't get my AF, like my hormones were imbalanced. My hair got very thin, I had weird pains shooting from my ovary down my leg, and I just felt blah. My estrogen levels were really low.

Thankfully I wasn't TTC at the time, or I would have been a wreck!

It has scared me off going on bcp ever again!

I was on Yasmin too and was fine on it, and coming off it. I had issues with the generic form (Ocella). But most of those disappeared when I quit taking it! However, when I quit the generic form, I had mad crazy pg symptoms. Nausea, boobs swelled up HUGE and soooo painful, developed Montgomerys tubercles, constipated, tired,... got my hopes up. :( But all my pg tests were BFN. Dr told me I was having an anovulatory cycle. (Never had a withdrawl bleed until 8 weeks after stopping.) Once I had my bleed, everything cleared up. Anyways, I hope this is not your case and you have a sticky little bean!

I have just come off the yasmin pill... I came off it 9th July and I had my withdrawel bleed on the 12th and it last 5 days... I think I Ovulated on the 26th July.... and I am now having PG symptoms but I am worried and just thinking its pill related.... what do you guys think who have been on yasmin??? and I am worried if I am PG I will MC as I have heard alot people doing that after coming off pill and getting PG straight away

Don't panic! I came off Yasmin on the 15th Feb and got my BFP on the 15th March....I'm now 23 weeks :thumbup:

Don't panic! I came off Yasmin on the 15th Feb and got my BFP on the 15th March....I'm now 23 weeks :thumbup:

Aww thanks that makes me feel better... I have a dull ache in my left ovary... what could that be?:shrug:

I was on Yasmin for many years (was esp good for me a ive always ad bad skin),this yr they wouldnt supply anymore for me as they told me yasmin now presented health issues and put me on to Microgyn30 (i took this for 3 months before TTC).

Everyone is different, but it didnt take long for my cycle to return to normal,ive noticed no difference in my weight, and at the moment my skin is ok!

I was on Yaz and the only negative thing I could think of is that when I came off of it my period s were super irregular.

Hey honey, I was on Yasmin for around 2 years and when i came off it i didnt have ANY side effects for the first month... by the second month I was TTC and really reading the signals my body was giving me.. I swear I listed almost every symptom of being pregnant there was for 3 months after that, every month i was SURE I was pg ! But I wasn't and now looking back I can see they were side effects ! My cycle was super regualr and still is, so that's a wonderful thing about having been on the pill for me ! Now I noticed i've put on a little weight and my skin is bad near ovulation time.. other than that everything's fine and it's only been 8 months !

Good luck, remember everyone womans body is different ! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->