Coming off the Pill (Yasmin) - Side effects?

good luck to you! i hate to give bad news but i had really bad side effects coming off yaz as well. I got AF after 1 month, exactly when i was supposed to, but in between I had cramps in my right ovary so bad (all day, every day) I was sure there was something wrong, i also was very tired, moody, and my breast hurt like crazy. Good luck coming off it, it looks like most women here didn't experience it too badly.

I was on yaz for 4 years. Different types of bc before that. My cycle came on time the very next month. I actually used to be very irregular but the last 2 months I've been between 27-29 days. I lost 5lbs but my acne came back big time

Oh and lots of luck throughout your journey : )

I have been on BCP for almost 9 yrs. I was on Yaz for the last year. As soon as I stopped I had a 4 day period and two weeks later I had a 7-8 day period w/ spotting and some normal days not too heavy. Im hoping I will now start to be on some sort of cycle so I can determine when I ovulate. I should be getting my witch on 8/20 if my cycle is back to normal although I hope I don't and I get a BFP instead. As far as symptoms irregular bleeding, moodiness and if I don't end up being pregnant blue veins on my breast/nipples that are more visible.

Hi there, I was on Yasmin for a few years before started ttc. The only bad side effects I experineced was really bad acne, but then I have bad skin anyway just Yasmin cleared it up whilst I was on the pill.

Good luck to you x

Interesting. I was on depo for two injections which was the most horrendous bc I've ever known and made me bleed continuously all 6 months. To try and sort things out I went of yasmin for a couple of months after before coming off altogether. I proceeded to have cystitis for two whole years. Tonnes of tests done, nothing wrong with my kidneys, no infection, so the conclusion was is was oestrogen induced, as this hormone can be an irritant. I put it down to the depo as it had been so bad but perhaps not, perhaps it was the yasmin...

Hello everyone!

I wanted to give you guys an update since I started this thread...I am pregnant and we are thrilled!

I didn't have too hard a time coming off Yasmin. I gained 10lbs water weight:growlmad: but other than that, it was not bad at all.

Best of luck to you all on your journeys, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!! :hugs:

I just came off Yasmin in July this year also after being on it for nearly 5 years. I was quite anxious for the first month, but I do suffer with quite bad PMT. I had my first pimples in five years too. Not many but I pretty much didn't have a single 1 for the whole time I was on the pill. I also got an very bad cold sore which took weeks to heal. My periods have been irregular, but worst of all my hair has been falling out in clumps. I have not changed anything in my diet and in fact have been taking hair supplements, so I am assuming it must be from being off yasmin. I am staring to get quite worried as my hair had really thinned out to about half the head I used to have. Has anyone had this? will it ever grow back ? how long will it take to be through this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->