Coming off the pill

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
How long does it take for the pill to come out of your system? Is it 3 months? I've been off it since the beginning of August. Can this affect you getting pregnant? I know some ppl get pregnant as soon as they come off of it but others are different.

Well, the answer I was going to give, you already said! Some women get pregnant the second they get off the pill...and other women, it takes them months and months to actually start ovulating again. I hope that you are one of the lucky ones that gets pregnant relatively soon after coming off the pill. Good luck!!

Well my periods came back pretty quickly. After I took my last pill, AF came a couple of days later and lasted for the usual 5 days, then my next period came 23 days later but only lasted 2 days and then my next period was about 25 days after that period finished and lasted 4 days. I'm pretty sure I'm ov'ing as well because my temp went up and I had the ov cramps about a week or 2 after I came off the pill. Never experienced that before, I thought it was AF coming but it wasn't because I had lots of EWCM. And I had the same thing this month. I'm hoping I'll get lucky, my mum took 2 months to get pregnant after coming off the pill and so did my MIL. This is my third month trying, although I'd actually say it was the second because we didn't try very hard the first month. Think I'm just being impatient.

It's definitely possible to ovulate right away. I came off the pill in June and was pregnant before I even had my first period. I think it may have all happened a bit too quickly though because it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks.

Some people ovulate and/or get pregnant right away, while others, like Sarah said, can take months and months to get pregnant. I guess there's not much else to do but let your body do it's thing. Good luck!

Im not too sure hun but didnt want to read and run. have my fingers crossed for you. i wasnt tryin to get pregnant, i was on the pill and somehow i got pregnant so who knows lol. Fingers crossed for you xxx

As said above, it really depends on the person.
You're supposed to be extra fertile the first month you come off BCP, and after that it usually takes a little while to sort your hormones out again.

Personally I came off BCP in May and I'm still waiting to ovulate. Only time will tell you.

Yeah, this is my 3rd cycle.. I've regulated a lot more now! 1st cycle was 34 days, 2nd was 31 days, this one was 29.. I had 28 day cycles before i went on the pill, so i'm assumin its pretty much out of my system now. So i could get pregnant anytime me thinks, every1 is different though.

My friend got pregnant the first month she came off the pill. I was hoping I'd be the same but no such luck. Although we were on holiday at my most fertile period in my first cycle after coming off the pill and we didn't really try too hard because firstly I didn't know anything about ovulating and EWCM (which I'm gutted about because I haven't had as much EWCM since and I had quite a bit on holiday) and we didn't really try that hard because I wanted to enjoy my holiday as much as I could so that I could make the most of it before falling pregnant and we were in a villa with friends and we had single beds with noisy headboards!

Yeah, as a previous post said, I'm pretty sure that you're super duper fertile right when you come off of BCP. I've actually heard that women who can't get pregnant will go on BCP to regulate their periods and then will get off of the BCP and TTC right away to catch that extremely fertile period.

Sorry for that irrelevant tidbit of info...I just saw it on discovery health the other day and thought it was neat.

I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Hey, It took me a year fom coming off the pill to falling pregnant!
I dont think I had any problem ovulating as the OV sticks were positive,

I think it just depends when your body - this differs for everyone is ready for it and also the timing of BD x

Ive been off the pill since august too! My AF is the normal 28 day.. and my OPKs show that I am ovulating.. but no BFP yet :(

i probably should have said.. my OPKs show that i have ovulated the past two months..

I also came off the pill the beginning of August but haven't had AF yet and no withdrawal bleed, haven't used OPKs so I don't know if I ovulated. Health clinic said I should have gotten AF by now but everyone's different, hope you get your BFP soon!!

Aww Congrats Mellyy!! &7 Good luck Susan, Im on the same boat !

I just came off the pill and started charting. I ovulated 17 days after my last BC period began. I am now 10dpo and due for a :bfp: or the :witch: in the next few days. I hope things will continue to stay right on track next month if it doesn't work out this time. So far, though, the BC was out of my system and I was starting all over just like normal.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/23349d/ttc.png

Hi , I also have come off the pill. I came off it mid pack so got a withdrawl bleed 2 days after and am waiting on :witch: now !! I have using opk's the last couple of days and no ov as of yet, just hope everything goes to plan and either get :witch: or ov + soon !

As others have said, its different for everyone! I got pregnant on all of my 3 kids while on the pill, I missed a pill and fell pregnant each time! This time I stopped my pill half way through the last packet coz I was too impatient to wait lol... and got pregnant instantly, but then lost it around 4-5 weeks, then got pregnant again the next 2 months, and lost both of them aswell. I have read that it can take up to a year for some people I think! Have you tried opk's to see if you are Oving yet?

hi there,

as everyone else said -everyone can be different, this is annoying me tho as I fell preganant on the pill the first time round and now I've actually planned to get pregnant its not happening, Ive been of the pill for 2 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->