Coming off Yasmine

MrsP81

Reaction score
Hi ladies, Im new ish here, and I apologize if this thread is elsewhere!

I came off Yasmine on April 12th and came on my period on April 17th..

I was just wondering if anyone has been on this pill and has any experiences to share? So far Ive had a few headaches but nothing else?

I know everyone is different but how long did it take you to fall preggers after coming off the pill? Did you take any supplements/vitamins other than folic acid?

I starting taking folic acid 3 months before coming off the pill at the advice of my doctor and I fell pregnant first cycle off femodene which is similar to yasmin i believe with no real period in between! It can happen :) good luck! x

Yes I did the same after stopping microgynon 30
With my DD X

Thanks ladies ;)

I'll let you know how I get on... did you get any horrible side effects? I went into Google (shouldn't have really!) and of course the horror stories just came thick and fast!:cry:

I've just stopped Yasmin and am on CD7 of Cycle 1, so we are in the same boat. Now that you mention it, I have a headache now :haha: but I think I can blame that on the fact that it's monday morning and I haven't had any caffeine yet!

I've been on Yasmin for about 2 years. Before that I had about a 2 year break from the pill after being on OrthoTriCyclen for about 9ish years. My cycles came back completely normally right away after those 9 years, so I'm hoping it will be just as easy after 2 years on Yasmin! I'd also be curious to hear about other ladies experiences with Yasmin. I always just assumed I'd react as well this time as I did last time, but you never know. I have a bit more libido being off it so far, and I definitely feel like something more is happening 'down there' than usual this month, but no bad side effects so far.

And yes, you can definitely get pregnant right away after coming off the pill. You don't have to wait for a natural period. It's happened to a few of my friends, and we're hoping to give it a try this month too.

I'm taking folic acid and DHA/EPA capsules, though not for TTC, just because I want to be on them right away when I'm pregnant. I've been trying to cut down on alcohol and coffee and drink more green and black tea. Someone also said that honey and cinnamon in warm milk is good. I've not been able to find any evidence out there that this helps with fertility, but I have read in fertility books that eating warming foods is good (so soups, herbal tea, etc.). So I've been drinking the warm milk with honey, cinnamon and kashaya powder (it's an Aruyvedic spicy drink mix) every day or so just for the heck of it. It's tasty if nothing else.

Well Id love to hear your progress then!

Yes side effects of coming off Yasmin! I expected a few spots etc, but it can get worse.

I have been on Yasmin for 12 years, I only stopped once for around 5 months to have a mirena Coil fitted, this didn't agree with me at all.. made me go loopy, hair loss, nails very frail, skin like a teenager weight gain etc etc etc, so got back on Yasmin.

I was originally put on it because of PCOS, but even though I've told my dr on a few occasions I have never been for a scan here (I come from Spain and was diagnosed there):growlmad:

I have an appointment with the nurse on Thursday about something else, so will tell her we're wanting a baby soonish and if there are any tests I can have done to make sure everything is ok??

I bought Pregnacare conception, but will start having those after our holiday (going on a cruise end of this month!)

I've recently stopped taking my pill which is called Yaz, its the newer version to Yasmin. But I think it has more or less the same sort of stuff in it. Anyway, I've experienced some really bad headaches, I've taken disprin to sort my headaches out. I've also been feeling really really tierd and sleepy!!!I don't know if that is one of the side effects of coming off my pill but thats just how I've been feeling.

Hope this helps

Oh,and Im taking Centrum for women who are planning for a baby as well as folic acid supplements. And I'm also trying not to drink tea (because of the caffiene). Im trying to drink herbal teas, and I also enjoy warm milk (except I put a spoon of hot choccie in there with it). I've also stopped drinking alcohol.

xxx

Thanks ladies, amazing advice :)

Nurse told me today to just get at it and see what happens.... she said it's too early to be alarming myself wanting tests etc....

so she said to carry on taking the folic acid, and you know, get loving the husband a lot and see what happens hahaha

I have downloaded this app on my iphone called maybe baby which can control your cycles, and has a calendar month on month telling you when your expected ovulation is and what days are you more likely to fall pregnant :)

I think that's really good advice. I think that forums like this do get a bit saturated with people who have more problems than others TTC (the people who do get pregnant fast move quickly on through), which makes everyone hyper-alert to whether or not they might have something wrong with them. I'm a strong believer that you just have to give it a try for awhile and not worry about it too much if it doesn't happen right away. I think there is too much of a tendency to start going to have everything tested right away and that's kinda counterproductive.

I'm 31, so not a spring chicken anymore, but my GP said to expect even without fertility problems, to take 6-12 months to TTC. So 12 months is sorta the point where we might start thinking we should explore what could be the issue, but certainly not before then. We left ourselves plenty of time and didn't wait until the last minute to TTC just so we wouldn't have to worry too much. I don't have any friends who had any trouble after being on the pill, and one of my best friends got pregnant her first month off. I think you just have to have lots of sex and keep healthy and see what happens.

Hi.

I was on Yasmine too though that was a couple years ago now and I was only on it for a year. While I was on it I was happy as it was the only pill that didn't make me hairy, oily and fat. (Alesse made me bi-polar. :wacko:). But coming off of Yasmine was really horrible for me. I had headaches, loads of nausea and even chest pains. I thought I was developing asthma! :blush: It also triggered panic attacks which I am prone to anyways and one time I thought I was having a heart attack (short breath, numb left arm and ring finger) and had an ECG. Everything turned out fine, of course. It took a few cycles to get get back to feeling normal and healthy. However, my cycles went irregular right away (always like that off the pill). So it took me 7 months (6 cycles) to conceive. Sadly, I lost that baby but being on the pill had NOTHING to do with it.

Good luck. :flower:

This is really interesting thread, since I have been on Yasmine for about two years and I am thinking about comming of the pill in a few months to start TTC #3 :)

I have read that sometimes the body needs to readjust after the pill and it can take 2-3 months for ovulation and fertility to return to normal. But as for Yasmine - I have been on this pill also because of my problems with skin. After starting taking it, my skin turned to be perfect in about a month (after years of having problems with acne), so I wonder if it (acne) would return once I come of.

Any experience?

Anna_83

The only time Ive come off Yasmin was to have a coil fitted, and my skin was HIDEOUS for about 4-5 months, to date I do not know if this was because of coming off of Yasmine or getting the coil? I have never had serious issues with acne, other than the odd breakout before periods etc... but this time was ridiculous, I had sore angry looking spots everywhere, specially on my scalp, chest and back... a few on my face but not the majority... weird! When I asked the nurse about this, she said it can take 6-8 months for your body to deal with the hormones re adjustment, and she was positive my skin would have been OK if I had continues with the coil ( I had it taken out after 6-7 months as it was just not working for me because of the skin, my hair / nails became very brittle and I was a miserable cow...)

So far this time I've had a few spots, but nothing alarming... I took my last pill on Aprl 17th though so it's early days!!

Just thought I'd give a little update if it's helpful for anyone, I'm now about 2.5 weeks since I stopped Yasmin. So far, no side effects at all and my cycles seem to be returning completely normally. I'm on CD15 and had the normal creamy to watery to now EWCM progression. I think I'll probably be ovulating either later today or tomorrow since I have a ton of EWCM at the moment and my temps dropped again this morning. I'm really thrilled, even if we don't get pregnant this month, that everything is coming back to normal so quickly after the pill. It's nice to know that it's possible, even after 13 years on it!

Apologies for the ignorance... but what is EWCM ???

Apologies for the ignorance... but what is EWCM ???

EWCM = egg white cervical mucus. If you are charting your cervical mucus, which is probably the best way to find out if your fertile because it's linked with the fertility hormone levels in your body, you'll get mucus or discharge that looks like raw egg whites on the days just before and during ovulation.

Hi ladies, Im new ish here, and I apologize if this thread is elsewhere!

I came off Yasmine on April 12th and came on my period on April 17th..

I was just wondering if anyone has been on this pill and has any experiences to share? So far Ive had a few headaches but nothing else?

I know everyone is different but how long did it take you to fall preggers after coming off the pill? Did you take any supplements/vitamins other than folic acid?

I don't have any side effects from coming off of it. I read the stuff on the internet too and wow I think we should be dead now..lol..I quit smoking and have bronchitis so i feel like crap but I don't think that is from going off the pill. Was at the doctors yesterday and he said there is no need to wait, just start "doing it" and it will happen. Said Yasime is no different from any other pill and in most women the are prego within 3 to 6 months, some sooner, some later. I am hoping its sooner for me. The part that sucks about being off the pill is who knows when your period is coming. Here is hoping with both have it happen

Well. My iPhone app says it's 5 days or the dreaded AF, and I am actually having mild period pains, so who knows, could it be my cycles have gone back to normal straight away? I've also had very light spotting (which I always have before full on period??) This makes me excited as thought it would be months before I had a proper period because of my PCOS...

I shall keep you updated!!!

MindUtopia Thank you for the answer!!!

I definately had that a few days ago, maybe a week ago or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->