Coming off Yasmine

Well. My iPhone app says it's 5 days or the dreaded AF, and I am actually having mild period pains, so who knows, could it be my cycles have gone back to normal straight away? I've also had very light spotting (which I always have before full on period??) This makes me excited as thought it would be months before I had a proper period because of my PCOS...

I shall keep you updated!!!

That's awesome. I've heard birth control (not sure which ones specifically) can actually help to regulate your cycles when you have PCOS, so hopefully that's what's happening and you'll be ready to go next cycle.

As for me, I definitely ovulated either Wednesday or yesterday, though I think Wednesday night because of how I was feeling an the small temp rise I got Thursday morning. So I'm really pleased. I hope this cycle stays nice and normal now until the end and maybe there is even a chance for a BFP.

Yeah, it's confirmed, AF arrived today, full blown period pain (OUCHY) headache and dead emotional and craving chocolate like crazy :)

This has made my first cycle without Yasmine 25 days! Not sure what the norm is, but knowing it's happening naturally makes me happy

I stopped taking Yasmin in January of this year. I had been on it for about three years and prior to that different pills over the years for 12 years. I am currently on my 5th cycle and haven't conceived yet. My first month off the pill was wonderful, a perfect 28 day cycle, and no headaches before AF (I typically had a migraine two days before AF would arrive when I was on the pill).

Cycle two up to now however have been getting worse. I began spotting days before my period was due, and cycle four was the worst yet, spotting a full six days before AF showed. I spoke to a nurse who said that after three months your periods should be to "your normal", and yet mine are getting worse. She thinks I may have low progesterone due to the excessive spotting and suggested I get in to see a OBGYN. She was also concerned about me being on Yasmin because she said there was a huge law suit against them, but I haven't looked into what it's about.

For myself, I don't think it's the pill that's affecting me, I think it's my hormones. The more I look into low progesterone, the more side effects that I see I have had for years, even while on the pill, and just thought was nothing to be worried about.

All I can say is pay attention to anything and everything, don't stress about it, but keep notes on it. You may need all that info if you ever find yourself in my shoes!

Good luck!!

Blimey monkey30, sorry you're having such a hard time :(

I hope mine stay like this month. I have to say I can see now how the pill took the edge of period pains, I don't remember having such a painful one for a long long time... Luckily my periods are short, and only lasted 3 days...

I have not heard about this lawsuit either, but I did a bit of research and found this:

https://drsprecall.com/yasmin-yaz-drospirenone-drsp-lawsuit-update-2012

Which relates to people having blood cots etc, I so far haven't had any of those things, but I have heard the stuff stays in your system for a few months after giving up, and as you know this is my first cycle without so guess it's a matter of waiting and seeing...

Good luck to everyone :) x

Stroke, blood clots and DVT are complications of any contraceptive pill though, which your GP should talk to you about before you start on the pill. This is why they recommend that women who smoke don't go on hormonal contraception because it puts them at such higher risk for stroke/blood clots. I've maybe had 2 doctors talk with me about this over the 13 years I was on the pill, but most didn't, which I think is a shame. Obviously, it only happens to a very, very small percentage of women, but I think the pill is almost so common now that no one thinks to even mention that there are risks involved. It still wouldn't have stopped me from taking it though, especially because I knew I was a healthy non-smoker with a good blood pressure and no clotting issues, but I think it's still an important conversation for doctors to be having with you when you decide to start.

I came of Yasmin in January after a year. Was on assorted other pills before but Yasmin was the only one that agreed with me. AF has been regular ever since i came off at 30/31 days. Only side effect is heavier periods. OH wasn't ready to ttc unil thus month and I haven't been charting. Just hoping regularity is a good sign I am ovulating.

I can off April 16th after 5 years on Yasime, 5 years of deproprovara (sp) and some other kind for like 3 years before that. Had a pill period and then 30 days and AF came, still 3 days in length but very heavy on the second day. Hoping this means I am good to go, I can handle a 30 day cycle instead of 25..good luck all., Oh and i have no other symptoms or problems.

Excellent ladies, keep bringing your progress!!!

My iPhone app (maybe baby) tells me I could conceive today and a girl ahaha... According to this app if you conceive the days before your ovulation you're more likely to have a girl, and if you do after a boy!

Excellent ladies, keep bringing your progress!!!

My iPhone app (maybe baby) tells me I could conceive today and a girl ahaha... According to this app if you conceive the days before your ovulation you're more likely to have a girl, and if you do after a boy!

Awesome! Glad you had a good first month and are ready to go again. I just got AF today, my first natural period since stopping the pill. My first cycle was 30 days, which is what it's always been, even when I was on Yasmin, my withdrawal bleeds were every 30 days. I'm hoping it stays like this now! Here's on to Cycle #2. :happydance:

MindUtopia

That's great news!! I think this last period is the first time where I've genuinely been excited about having a period, as I was worried it would take ages for my body to reat to not taking the tablets, but so far so good!! :)

My headaches are gone, (at least for now!) and I actually feel happier, although the sunny weather we've had recently may also have something to do with this :)

Hey how's everyone getting on?

Im now getting close to my second period without Yasmin (iPhone app tells me 5 days until it comes)..anyone knows when is OK to do pregnancy tests? You have to wait until your period is late or will it show before hand if you are pregnant???

Sorry many questions but I have never actually had a real chance of being pregnant and Im excited :)

Hi i was on yasmine for 7 years untill myself and OH decided to start trying for a baby, iv been off them for just short of 3 months now and so far my periods havnt returned yet, Iv read horror stories about what yasmine can do to you and how it can take months to start ovulating regulary again? but have also heard of some women coming off them not having a period but still managing to conceive? so confusing :sad1:

I didn't have problems O'ing again when I came off it. O happened the following month.

Has anyone had problems with low sex drive since being on/off it though? My sex drive was low on it and hasn't returned since stopping it - it's been over 2 years. :(

I didn't have problems O'ing again when I came off it. O happened the following month.

Has anyone had problems with low sex drive since being on/off it though? My sex drive was low on it and hasn't returned since stopping it - it's been over 2 years. :(

How long where you on it please?

I'm just coming up on o day in the next day or two. It's actually been amazing that my temps have been almost the same exact pattern as last month (this is month 2 off Yasmin), though I've had lots more EWCM this month. This is my first month after that first natural AF so I'm assuming this is a more normal month for me. As always I'll be relieved once ovulation happens and I can relax (I really like the 2WW better than the two weeks before it!).

Zeri, I always had a low sex drive on the pill (any pill, not just Yasmin), but noticed it was a lot better when I took a break a couple years ago. It's definitely better so far since stopping too but I think the excitement of TTC is helping that. I'm sure it's different for everyone though. Maybe try something new to spice things up? I definitely find I still have to psych myself up for it, but I chalk that up to just getting older and having been together so long now. But I definitely find it's a lot harder to be excited about sex when I'm tired or stressed out or my mind is just preoccupied.

I am not too sure I ovulated this month? I was away on holidays and there was loads of hot tubs and swimming so not entirely sure??

Im due on my period tomorrow but so far no symptoms... last month (1st off the pill) everything was smooth, and I came on my period a couple of days before expected (as per my iPhone app anyways) I had all the symptoms before as well, this time nothing :(

I am not too sure I ovulated this month? I was away on holidays and there was loads of hot tubs and swimming so not entirely sure??

Im due on my period tomorrow but so far no symptoms... last month (1st off the pill) everything was smooth, and I came on my period a couple of days before expected (as per my iPhone app anyways) I had all the symptoms before as well, this time nothing :(

We are the same, this is my second cycle off the pill. However, I am on a TWW as I o'd this past weekend. Last month I had a ton of symptoms but this month nothing but sore breast. I had sore breast a day or so last month and then it was gone but this time, they feel a little tiny fuller and are tender (not sore per day) since Monday...I am hoping thats a good sign. If I infact o'd as I was supposed on June 2nd..I will get my BRP..I have a feeling but then again, I also want it very badly..I will keep you posted, good luck!

I am hoping to give my OH a baby for fathers day..wish me luck

I read somewhere recently that the first month off of BC you always have way more symptoms than normal, especially cramping and sore boobs. Last month I literally cramped from 5 days before ovulation all the way to AF and had sore boobs the same time. This month, I only really had bad cramping the past two days (I should be ovulating today or tomorrow) and hardly any sore boobs. It's maybe just our bodies adjusting to our natural hormones again. FXed for you ladies!

I'm right there with you. When I got off it in January, I assumed that my sex drive would return, six months later and nothing. Have you mentioned it to your doc? How long did you take Yasmin? I took it for a few years, but had taken different kinds over the years for 15 years.

I think everyone different because I have never had a problem with my sex drive at all: on or off the pill. I have been on yasmine for about 7 years. I don't have any awful symptoms or anything, I guess it just worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->