• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coming up on 7 weeks post partum and no sign of bleeding stoping

C

cutestuff

Hi Ladies

Need advice/stories from other moms. I tried to get pregnant for 9 months (trading off between NTNP, breaks, and active TTC) before getting my bfp and my now almost 7 week old DD. I was induced at 37 +1 due to high blood pressure and had a post partum hemorrhage where I lost almost 3 pints of blood. I became anemic due to the blood loss and was being monitored for my blood pressure. The doctor ordered blood work to check my blood levels and when he called to tell me the results he commented on my bleeding being stopped. I had to correct him and let him know I was still bleeding. It seems like it kind of tapered off but I still have instances of feeling a gushing and still need to wear overnight pads just to prevent too much leakage. Granted I see him tomorrow, but he has already given me some misinformation about some other stuff during pregnancy and I have read about people bleeding through 8 and even 10 weeks. This is my first and only pregnancy so far and other women in my family have either not experienced this or I am not comfortable asking them or they have never been pregnant/delivered a baby so I am wondering how worried I should be and how long your bleeding lasted.:hugs::flower:

My LO is 6.5 weeks & I'm still bleeding. Stopped around 8 weeks with my first. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer for us both now ☺️
x

After my last delivery, the midwife had to give me something to stop the bleeding. Then I bled bright red for weeks. There would be times when I thought it stopped, only to wake up to what looked like a crime scene the next day. My midwife sent me in for an ultrasound, and they found a giant blood clot in my uterus. There was some talk about me possibly needing a D&C (for possible retained placenta) but ultimately, it turned out to be no big deal. The bleeding eventually tapered off and things went back to normal.

I bled with ds2 for 10 weeks (maybe even more.) Ugh I hope it ends soon for you! I remember how the pads were making my downstairs raw from chaffing.

I bled for 10 weeks with my son and was put on tablets to control the bleeding at 4/5 weeks PP. It wasn't constantly heavy all of the 10 weeks but it was there.

with my first child I bled for 13 weeks. I kept thinking it had stopped and then it would start back up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->