Comments from others after your BFP?

[/LIST]161414]omg readyformore I cant believe how opininated people are about other peoples business! you dont have to explain why you are having another one, simply saying 'we really wanted another' should be sufficient! grrrr, people are annoying. whether someone wants no kids or 10 kids whats it got to do with anyone else (as long as they can love, feed and shelter them obviously!)

Sweetpea70 you are not doing anything wrong, you and DH want a biological baby, its nothing shocking!! I hope you dont get the comments you are expected but you could always punch them and then blame 'pregnancy hormones' :rofl:

I had one comment about how I was going to be 50 when my kids was 10, I didnt respond but next time I would say 'oh well they have one young parent' as hubby is 9 years younger!!:happydance: meanwhile my sister is 49 and acts 30 so 50 isnt that bad anyway :growlmad:

I like the punching idea, will have it in mind.:haha:

i had a comment from a girl in work that i was mad trying for my first at the age of 36 as i was too old. she said that there was nothing worse than an old mum. that women shouldnt be pregnant after 30!!

I could not help it but i laughed!! How ignorant is she!!

Somehow I have a feeling that girl will feel differently when she is 30...or 36! Ah, ...the wisdom that comes with years.

i had a comment from a girl in work that i was mad trying for my first at the age of 36 as i was too old. she said that there was nothing worse than an old mum. that women shouldnt be pregnant after 30!!

OMW, really? Life only BEGINS after 30!! I really felt as if I at long last fitted comfortably in my own skin after 30. I was much more at peace and happy. Which made me a calmer and better mom. I had my first two kids in my twenties (26 and 29), and my 3rd when I was 33. And I enjoyed it much much more in my 30's. So much less stress. So much peace and love and contendness and enjoyment. And so what if we'll be in our 50's when our children are teenagers? They're going to keep us young and fit! I'm not going to sit and wait for death or pension when I'm 50. :dohh:

OMW, really? Life only BEGINS after 30!! I really felt as if I at long last fitted comfortably in my own skin after 30. I was much more at peace and happy. Which made me a calmer and better mom. I had my first two kids in my twenties (26 and 29), and my 3rd when I was 33. And I enjoyed it much much more in my 30's. So much less stress. So much peace and love and contendness and enjoyment. And so what if we'll be in our 50's when our children are teenagers? They're going to keep us young and fit! I'm not going to sit and wait for death or pension when I'm 50. :dohh:

What made me laugh the most is that she is going to turn 30 next month :muaha:
She will know then what it is to be over 30ths and wanting to be a mum!
Just find people´s judgements out of order, as I said beofre it is what each person wants what counts, not what others think!

And yep! Life does begin after 30 :happydance::dance:

I like the punching idea, will have it in mind.:haha:

Well she needs a giant kick in the pants................I'LL DO IT! :haha:

I'm already thinking of ways to respond to the "Wow, you're having another one!" comments. Ideally, it will be snarky and really embarrass the person that offered the initial comment. I plan on responding with something along the lines of, "He just can't keep his hands off of me", or "Yes, we have a TV, but we've found another evening activity that we prefer." Etc.

LOL....love the ideas! I bet those will shut them up! :happydance:

It's so hurtful to me when people talk bad about babies. It's NEVER a bad time for babies! Sure, some people might be "parentally-challenged" but the babies/children themselves are a blessing.

The way I see it, as long as you can supply an abundance of love, attention, and of course, basic necessities, then keep them coming!

So glad I posted about this....all that you said here made me laugh and realize that it is our lives...(mine and DH) and the H$LL with everyone elses comments....

I do have to add that I know that one specific person is going to be so upset with me when I do get pregnant....I care for an elderly lady and one day I told her I had a doctors appointment (this was years ago for just a regular ob/gyn check up) and when I told her I had a doctor's appointment, she blurted out "you're not pregnant are you, for God's sake?".....she's 89 years old and thinks the world is over populated.....and she's also mentioned how she'd like to kill any pregnant woman she sees! SO...I know it's going to be fun to let her in on this!

Look at it like this, if ya survive on this earth for 89 years, you have earned the right to think whatever you want, lol!

Look at it like this, if ya survive on this earth for 89 years, you have earned the right to think whatever you want, lol!

yeah...I guess you're right..............in a way, I can't wait to find out what she's gonna say....because I will most likely have a few words to say too!:laugh2:

If she's 89 and worrying about over- population......just sayin....

I am kidding....:haha:

I was waiting for Eva to go there....but she didn't.....so I had to....:haha:

Oh yeah my inlaws say to stop having children while your ahead! My Mom says things like, "but pregnancy was so hard for you" or "You have to go through the first year again" Having twins my first pregancy was a challenge. I was sick in pain grouchy as hell the way a lot of women are BUT it's totally worth it. Hormones are not my friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->