Common signs?

CowgirlBaby

Reaction score
My fiance and I are WTT for number one with no confirmed date. I am on a birth control called depo provera. I have researched and it's been said that the chance of actually getting pregnant on depo are very very slim. But the world works in mysterious ways. So I am curious what are common signs of pregnancy? I know every woman is different so that's why I am so unsure and I know my best bet is to test but I would like to get some input first because for all I know my baby fever could just be getting the better of me and making me go crazy and imagine stuff;

I am beginning to crave stuff I don't usually eat. Like oranges and I am starting to not crave sugar very much or at all which is weird for me.

I am not hungry very much or often at all.

I am nauseous all the time especially at night when I am trying to sleep and my fiance is rubbing my stomach because he wants a baby in there.

My breasts have become very tender to touch.

So I'm not sure if the baby fever is just making me crazy or if there could potentially be a chance. Because my fiance and I although we're not actively trying because of the depo. We aren't using protection of any sort either because we heard the chances are so low. We would both be very extatic if I was. We have our lives pretty well set up other than needing to get married. Him needing to finish school and we wanted to go see the in-laws in Alberta. Which is a 3 day drive/train ride.

So I don't want to get too over zealous or anything and test if I am not 100% Sure there could be a chance
I also have no idea if those symptoms are common or just in my head. I really kind of hope I am though.

Any input on symptoms you've had during pregnancy would be much appreciated.

There's always a chance as no birth control is 100% effective.

The only things that would strike me as being possibly pregnancy related are the nausea and the tender breasts, but they could equally be hormonal or side effects from birth control.

If you're not getting periods and have no way to gauge if you're late for a regular cycle then you should take a test if you're feeling out of the norm. If it's negative then you keep an eye on your symptoms and talk to your doctor about what might be causing them if they're bothering you.

As, staralfur stated, no method of BC is 100% effective, and the tender breasts and nausea could be symptoms of pregnancy. They could also be symptoms of something else. I know when we were ttc every month I had a new symptom, and I was OBSESSED with symptom spotting, most times only to be let down.

If it helps, my first pg symptom was tender breasts. I usually get them before AF but that time they didn't go away.

Sometimes our bodies do weird things. If you feel that something is off, test! :winkwink: Good luck hun!

Sounds completely possible and as the other have said, no BC is 100% certain. I always found myself wondering when I had an IUD because I wouldn't get periods ever, but it always turned out to be a false alarm for me. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you though as I know how much you would love it if you are!!

I rarely ever get nauseous so it was like what is this?! Since I finally have a day off tomorrow I am going to test tomorrow. So we will see what comes of it. Still haven't said anything to my fiance because I don't want him to get excited and it turns out I'm not so other than you guys I am keeping it to myself for now till I am sure

Were you able to test?

There is always a chance, but please try not to get your hopes up too much. There have been so many times where I thought I was only to be incredibly disappointed when I wasn't.

Just to play devils advocate - are you checking your breasts a lot? In general, the more you touch them, the more tender they will be. Tender breasts/nipples was one of my first symptoms with DS, but they were achy all the time, not just when touched (totally recognize that everyone is different). The nausea is a good sign, but can also be your mind making it worse than what it really is (I've done this many times!). If you're eating differently than you usually do, that could contribute to the nausea.

Again, I hope you get the result you're wanting. Until you're able to test though, remember there can be other explanations for your symptoms. I would hate for uoj to be even more disappointed and hurt if you're not pregnant.

I always get nausea now before AF, something i never noticed before ttc (and a really crappy af symptom in my opinion). It has lead me to disappointment numerous months. Have you tested yet? I hope that you get the outcome that you are looking for!

Didn't get the chance to test because I fainted at work but the hospital did a blood test so waiting to see what the blood test reveals. I haven't touched my breasts a lot sometimes they just ache a lot of times when I'm in the shower or in bed. I'm not holding my hopes high but my fiance and I were talking and we may be TTC in 2017 instead of waiting longer!

oh my goodness! i hope that you are okay, how scary that must have been. best of luck to you hun. and if you aren't, then a positive to come from it would be to be trying soon! FX that you get your results back soon!

I'm okay! It was scary. I was standing at the prep counter doing my normal prep for the day, and all of a sudden my eyes got all blurry next thing I knew I woke up in emerg. but either way, whether pregnant now or in 2017 it will be all worth it :)

Woah, hope you are feeling better now! Take care of yourself, lots of rest and fluids!

I am feeling better now. Had a couple days off to catch up on sleep and replenish fluids. Blood test came back negative. That's okay though because I know Feb 2017 will come soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->