common worries when TTC...whats yours?

clucas1988

Reaction score
i was thinking about the most common worries us girls have when TTC...id like to know what everyones are?
mine are:
1.telling my boss if/when it happens!!
2.money, our income will be down, my husband has a good job but still, worry!
3.will i be any good?
4.will i cope ok, will people think im a good mum? (goes with number 3 !)
5.what if i cant have kids?
6.whens it gonna happen?!

what are your worries girls?xx

1. Money is a big worry for me; I am currently the main breadwinner. Though my husband's new business has been growing and doing very well, I worry that me going on maternity leave could really hurt our cash situation.
2. Career is another issue. As a professional accountant, it wil be hard to 'get out of the game' for up to a year, and to maintain my training and contacts and such. It is pretty scary.
3. My health. I do EVERYTHING I can to be healthy, like really everything, but there are definitely things you can't forsee or prevent, or which are just genetic. I wish I could make sure I was giving my kids the best genetic chance, or health environment, or if I knew if I could even have kids, or that I will be okay and everything will go alright.

One thing I DON'T worry about is being a good mom, or that my husband will be a good dad. Once I saw how he treats his nephews (like gold!) or our dog (like our own baby!) it made me 100% happy I chose him to TTC with!

1. Work. How long will I be out of work and when do I tell them.
2. Money. DH makes a good wage,but we still love one wage a week with me being home.
3. Where do we want to raise them, USA or Australia...
4. How long will I stay home. I,love working, but I know I will love them more.
5. Can I even have any. Cycle 5 and still no BFPs..

I know my hubby will be amazing and I'm naturally good with children i just want to be the best i can be, its only a tiny thought I've had, I just wanna be an amazing mum!
Seems everyone's worry is work / money related, that's my main one, my boss said he doesnt want to pay maternity pay in general! Lol
Keep em comming ladies, its really interesting to see what we all worry about xx

Primarily, can I get pregnant? How long will it take? Is there something wrong with me?

I don't worry about being good parents, but I do worry about getting that elusive BFP!

1. Will I have another miscarriage?
2. Will my lupus flare up during pregnancy?
3. Will I be able to handle 2 kids and still keep my lupus in remission (it flares when I'm tired or stressed)
4. Will I have enough maternity leave (currently have 6 weeks accumulated)
5. Will my current meds cause harm/defects to the baby?
6. Can I even have another baby (on cycle #5)?

Primarily, can I get pregnant? How long will it take? Is there something wrong with me?

I don't worry about being good parents, but I do worry about getting that elusive BFP!

^

Basically this!!

1. Will I miscarry again
2. How will we handle our first child on our own (not to big of a worry) im pretty confident we will be amazing parents.
3. Money.
4. How would pregnancy and delivery go.
5. Needles, terrified :( But I did it with my first pregnancy, till my mc.
6. Will it stress us being new parents, I dont want to fuss and have tension between us. But im sure we will get used to it after awhile.

1. Will I have another mc?
2. Will the age gap between my other two be too big (9 and 6)?
3. Breast feeding and return to work

I should add, I worry about how it will affect my marriage and relationships...

My hugest worry is my blimin bosses reaction! How come you think it'll affect your marriage hun? Xx

My only real worry is can I get pregnant again? I'm on my 7th cycle TTC #3

Oh yeah lol I worry I can't even conceive my first lol.... Its not easy getting pregnant!!!

My hugest worry is my blimin bosses reaction! How come you think it'll affect your marriage hun? Xx

Pretty much every study on happiness and marriages show that the hardest thing for a marriage to go through is to have a kid! Apparently divorces are highest within the 6 months following having a baby. I get worried that my husband won't be able to be sensitive to having an emotional pregnant lady around the house, or that it will be taxing on our relationship to have the money, baby, sleep deprivation and other stressors that come with making a family.

However, then I think about all the crazy stuff we have been through in our 7+ years together, and I know it'll be ok. Sometimes it is hard not to worry anyways though!

Am I too overweight to even get pregnant?
Will I be a good mom?
Will I have the patience to raise a child? Almost every other child I've met got on my nerves.
Will my husband love me less if I can't give him children?
What if my future child inherits my medical issues?

Am I too overweight to even get pregnant?
Will I be a good mom?
Will I have the patience to raise a child? Almost every other child I've met got on my nerves.
Will my husband love me less if I can't give him children?
What if my future child inherits my medical issues?

Even though I went through a lot of emotional and physical pain to finally have my son....he still gets on my nerves! Some days I have to remind myself of how much I prayed and begged God for a child just so I won't knock him out! He can be a handful....which is why I'm nervous about having 2 kids.

1) Will I ever be able to get pregnant (currently on a 100+ day cycle after BC, due to PCOS)
2) Will I maintain the pregnancy? (45% increase of miscarriage in PCOS!)
3) How will the family business cope when I take time off?

1- how long will it take to conceive or will i conceive (took 5 yrs with first) 1 cycle with second but ended in mc

2- will i hav a healthy baby at the end of it

3- will i hav hyperemesis again (most likely & my biggest worry as had it with both pregnancies nw)

4- will i have energy for another after 7 year gap & i'm 35 nw!

5- will i live to see my children grow up to be independant succesfull & happy adults (i want to live long enough to see thm grown up worrys me wen i hear parents dying & leaving young children behind) but i hv no control over that so try to not thnk about it too much

6- having gone through labour & knowing the pain a little nervous going through again lol

7- the 7 year gap between DS & if i conceive again the new baby (but sure thyl b fine) just wish i'd hv left a smaller gap nw

As u can see i'm a worry wart lol but i guess its natural to worry such a big deal having children i'd worry if i wasn't worried if that makes sense x

My worries are similar to others on here, but with a twist due to my overseas employment.

1. Pregnancy complications - what would I do if I have an ectopic, miscarriage, or other medical issue while in China? The healthcare on the little island we're on is AWFUL, and I would likely have to fly to Hong Kong for proper care!

2. We are TTC during a time that we know we will soon be a) unemployed x2 b) homeless, basically. Lol, it sounds worse than it is...we have a good amount of savings as a cushion, but we are repatriating to Canada in July and leaving our job contracts in China behind. So, when we return home (hopefully with a bump on board) we both need to find new jobs, a house, new car, etc. It will be a lot of changes at the same time, and it stressed me out!

3. Pain - so nervous about giving birth!!

4. Can I get pregnant? Did I wait too long to start trying for baby #1 at 32.5 if there happen to be issues with conception?

I sometimes worry about my patience and expectations with a child. I adore babies, but as a kindergarten teacher, I have a lot of firsthand experience with children doing obnoxious things. On the other hand, they do a lot of kind and adorable things too...and I guess if I can spend 45 hours a week with 25 of them, I might be okay with one of my own to love :) I'm not worried about DH - he (also a kindergarten teacher) is an absolute natural with kids of all ages. They just love him, and I love seeing that!

I think we're all going to be fine with whatever life deals us, but it doesn't mean that a little worrying isn't called for too. It shows that we are giving it all some serious thought and really care about our LOs even before they are born. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->