Complete and Utter Failure as a mother

:hugs:

cant reply right now as i have a sleeping baby on me will pm you in a bit... didnt want to read and run :hugs:

Im sorry you were treated that way, like everyone else said I think its time for a new HV :( About the purple on the eye lid. Noah has had this since he was born and have been told by several NICU nurses, and doctors it's nothing to worry about. That it's a stoke bite and will fade by 18 months.

she has no right at all to make you feel like that!!! F**k her, you are a fab mum!!!

i hate going to the clinic, they contradict themselves all the time, telling us that we SHOULDNT start on solida till they are 6mths!! then they say otherwise!! like the other girls said Ffion is your baby and you know her best. all babies are different and put on weight differently.

and as for her eye, you checked with your mum so your were obviously concerned about it.

my hv made me feel like crap last time i went to see her cos callum had a bump on his head!! asking me loadsa questions about how he did it! stupid mare!!

Tezzy I got told the same thing about max from my HV he wasent putting on weight fast enough for her liking yet he was eating breastmilk, formula and solids at age 2 months ..he east allot but burns it real quick ,,i put in a complaint about her and shes no longer at that clinic dont be hard on yourself as the girls here said your a wonderful mom and u know whats best for her keep doing what you doing

big hug from me and max

Thats awful! I would def complain. You know your little girl, and you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. Erica only gained about 1 lb in 2 months and dropped on the percentile chart, but our ped said it was ok. I'd tell that HV to go to hell, especially for making you feel that way! You are a great mom!!

All babies are different.. No baby is a text book baby. Kaida is growth is textbook, but her weight gain isn't. She's slightly under, but she is she healthy. I was informed it was nothing to worry about, that it's her as an individual. How dare they suggest you're not concerned for your child's health. They have no damn right to accuse you of that. Not without any evidence of abuse. I would definitely file a complaint and request a written apology and to be switched to another HV.
Disgraceful.
Don't beat yourself up about it. Your little one would let you know is she wasn't be cared for.
Screw them, continue doing what you're doing.

What a cow! you are doing great! comments like that and they wonder why so many mums get depressed.
Breast fed babies gain weight much slower than bottle babies, Ewan lost a lb in weight when i was first feeding him and they started saying this and that so the next time i knew i was seeing the mw or HV i made sure i fed her the biggest feed i could before she came..!!
Ignore her if you feel she is fine then she probably is, i stopped going to see my HV as she made me feel like crap too.

I find this disgusting. Your health visitor is supposed to reassure you. Im lucky I have a really nice health visitor but some of them at the baby clinic are not very nice. Most of them only know what they know from reading a book. I really wouldnt worry about weight gain. She will make it up in the following weeks no doubt. Every baby is different. Salim also has this purple mark on this right eyelid and she said it was just a birth mark which will fade. Its really nothing to worry about so she told me. Your definately not a failure, so please dont think that. Your doing a great job dont let some jobs worth make you feel down :hug:

Im sorry, ive not read the replies, im just replying to the OP.

I cant believe your HV woluld talk to you in that way or say those things to you.
Dont let yourself be put down by an over opinionated HV!!
Im so mad for you right now!!
Id ask for a different HV, you dont need someone like that in your life at all!!
Id have told her to stuff that shitty attitude up her arse!!

I was being treated simularly by my HV too, so i know how it feels. If u need to tlk, feel free to PM me.
Hun, your not a bad mum at all!! xx

Terrie tell her to Fuck right off!!

She has put on a pound a month which is pretty good going, also was she going with the chart thing in the red book? because she should know better than anyone that them charts are unreliable for breatfed babies, they are based on bottle fed babies so tell her to stick that up her arse!!

https://www.kellymom.com/images/growth/growth-bfgirl.gif

To me that looks like Ffion is on target

Sorry i got carried away looking for charts, you are a fab mum and don't let anyone tell you different

As for the mark on Ffions eye, both of mine had that and it went on it's own my HV and Gp called it a stork mark

‘Stork bite’ mark
Other names for ‘stork bite’ mark include salmon patch or telangiectatic naevus. The typical characteristics include:
  • Pink, flat and irregular shaped marks.
  • The skin is not thickened and you cannot feel any difference when you touch the mark.
  • They are usually on the back of the neck, eyelids, forehead and, sometimes, on the top lip.
  • Nearly half of all babies have a ‘stork bite’ mark.
  • The marks usually disappear by 12 months of age, if not earlier.
  • The mark at the back of the neck may stay for longer, but it is usually covered by hair and out of sight.

OMG i hope you lumped her!

Let me just say you are doing great Tezzy and all babies are different! They tried telling my mum when i was 5 that i was overweight because i was heavy......i didnt have an inch of fat on me,i was just a heavy kid! and they moaned that my bro's were skinny but tall but they ate like horses!

They dont know what they are on about,use your instinct and F"*k her! go straight to your Dr from now on for any advice and weighing you need.

Let me just add also.......this is the HV that you have seen on many occassions and NOW she decides somethings wrong.....then why didnt she see the eye before?? BTW Tabs has this on both eyes like a ring round each and Andy has it anyway too,Tabs also has dark circles!

You are a fab mum and dont let her sway you on the feeding etc like others have said
:hugs:

\Thats awful, i ddefinately put in a complaint.

As for the eye thing, Seth has that and our HV told us it was just because of his blocked tear ducts. I was really worried but she said a Dr wouldn't do anything about it until he was at least a year old if it hadn't cleared up by then.

*huge hugs*

xxx

Terrie tell her to Fuck right off!!

She has put on a pound a month which is pretty good going, also was she going with the chart thing in the red book? because she should know better than anyone that them charts are unreliable for breatfed babies, they are based on bottle fed babies so tell her to stick that up her arse!!

https://www.kellymom.com/images/growth/growth-bfgirl.gif

To me that looks like Ffion is on target

that has re-assured me so much! thankyou!

shes still a little under that but i do feel much calmer now :hugs:

Good :hugs:

If you google breastfeeding growth charts, you get loads of info hun especially from the World Health Organisation
Then tell that nasty old cow to Stick it, you have all of us here to support you and offer advice and google search, what does she have? naff all, it sounds like she needs some serious retraining x
Get all the info you can to support yourself then tell the

What is the point of the HV's? I only hear you ladies complain about them. Do you have to go to these appointments?

Seriously love, I agree with all the others here. She was out of order, and you are doing agreat job. If you LO is happy and active, then so what if she only gained 2 oz. I can tell you that if you had weight Bren this morning before and after the BM he had, good lord, he would have lost 2-3 oz, it was HUGE! :)

Glad you're feeling a bit calmer about it Tezzy...I'd take that chart with you next time and tell her she clearly knows nothing :hugs:

Sam's a bit below the mean too and I'm not worried at all x

I can tell you that if you had weight Bren this morning before and after the BM he had, good lord, he would have lost 2-3 oz, it was HUGE! :)

:rofl:

BITCH!!! I wouldn't even listen to her advice about feeding her solids already personally!

Shoot hun *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->