Complete and utter shock

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi ladies so this is a part of the forum I thought I’d never be in again!

Basically 18months who I had the copper coil fitted as we was adamant that we was done- my youngest is a bit of a handful and put me off anymore to be honest bless her :lol:.

So the coil was fitted everything going well even had it checked via exam and scan in February everything was as it should be.

I started feeling sick and sore boobs also period was non existent just light spotting and then stopped.

I took a test last night just a cheapy at about 3am as I couldn’t sleep I had a gut feeling it came back bfn I retested this morning first thing and there is a second line:shock:

I’m in complete and utter shock as you can probably imagine, but mainly really excited. Isabelle is nearly 8 and daisy coming up to 4!

I’m trying not to get to excited as I know the risks associated. I have no idea what to do next who to contact. As I have no clue if the coil is still in?

Is it even possible? I feel like I’m imagining it

Oh wow, congratulations! What a lovely surprise :thumbup: hope the doctors can tell you what’s going on with your coil :hugs:

xx

It is possible! I've heard of people getting pregnant on the coil while it's still in tact! Congrats:)

Thankyou everyone still can’t quite believe it. We was so sure we was done at 2 hence the coil! But I’m absolutely over the moon.

Xx

So last night I phoned 111 to ask for some advice as I was getting some spotting and pain in my neck and lower back. A doctor called me back and said that he wanted
Me to go straight to a&e because of the symptoms and risks with the coil still in place.

So I had urine checked and bloods taken at around midnight which the doctor said have come back negative... I showed him the positive on my phone as I took a photo of it in the morning and he admitted it was there but said he didn’t know what to say... the hpt I took was done with the first wee in the morning.. I’ve heard of doctors testing wee and getting it wrong but surely my bloods would of showed.

Now I’m all over the place oh is gutted as am I becauSe even though we had the coil in we were both really excited. Now I don’t know what to think I feel like I’m going crazy even the doctors last night probably thought I was mad :roll:

Hcg takes longer to get to your urine and hangs about for a while once blood levels have dropped - it could potentially be you have had a chemical.

Have they scanned you to see if the coil is in place? They should keep and eye as the risk of ectopic is quite raised with a coil.

I had a copper coil and my body rejected it into my cervix. Fortunately I didn’t get pregnant until it was properly removed.

I hope things become clear in the next few days x

Thankyou he didn’t really seem bothered at all which was very frustrating :(.

I felt like he was asking me all these questions about my symptoms and was looking at me like I was going mad.. and then went well the tests say your not pregnant I felt really embarrassed

Im debating retesting in a few days. Even so it’s made me want to get the coil taken out ASAP x

This was the test I got first thing in the morning. I’m not sure if I can add to this thread please let me know if I’m not allowed im just in a bit of a panic.. I can see it, oh can see it and i showed my friend and she can too.
So hopefully I’m not going completely mad

8062FCAB-C5A6-4F33-985E-817D8005D558.png

Its definitely there as for your blood it depends on what levels they go by as your test is faint that would probably mean very early pregnancy and low levels which a hospital would probably class as not pregnant. I would go back and demand to see where the coil is as it's so dangerous.

I would ask for your blood levels. That test looks quite positive, I would be a bit surprised that the one in the night was negative so shortly before the positive one.

Have you tested again with a home test?

Cant explain the negative blood results but the HPT they use in hospital is not very sensitive.
Alot of womon on here got a positive at home test and then a negative doctors or hospital test. I think there tests are like a 25 or maybe even 50mlU where as some at home tests like Frer (First response early response) are 10mlU so way more sensitive.

Ure test definitely looks positive.
Have u re tested at home?

Also when my DD was in special care baby unit there was a lady who had twin boys and she got pregnant with the coil.
So it does happen

:hugs: how confusing for you! I’d definitely test again at home and go and see your own doctors about having the coil removed. Good luck :hugs:

xx

I'd ask specifically what your levels are.
Here anything over 5 is positive for pregnancy, but some doctors will not call you pregnant until over 25

My sister became pregnant whilst she had the coil in and she had similar problems with what the emergency docs deemed false positives.
Sadly she did end up having a miscarriage.
I would not delay having a check on where your coil is.
Good luck lovely!

Hey! Now that I can get back on here I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing and if you got any answers? I hope your doing ok!

How are things now?
Honestly I would get the coil removed and try a different method. My mother had three miscarriages with the copper coil. Since she told me about that I have always said I wouldn’t ever try one. Obviously they work for many but personally I don’t feel the risks are worth it. I hope you’re ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->