Complimentary feeding Advice RE Formula Feeds

Frankie

Reaction score
Liam has been breastfed without formula until 8 weeks then i decided to try both bottle n breast (and he has been sleeping 7 hours at night since)

My Q is - how many ounces of formula should i give him? I have started with the recommended guidelines of the back of the tin which is 5 ounces but he was crying after each bottle so i upped it to 6 ounces which suited him until the last week or so and now he has started to cry after most bottles. Should i up it to 7 ounces or try something else? (he is 10 weeks old) or do i stick with 6 ounces and then follow it with the breast

Any suggestions?

id try him with 7 hun .if you give him the breast after 6oz he will only take foremilk and it wont fill him for as long...are you ff at every feed or just the odd time??

if you're always planning on completely replacing that feed with formula then it's fine to up it. are you just giving him the 1 formula feed a day?

I would give him as much as he wants at that feed... it may help him keep a good sleeping habit.

weve put him on 4 bottles a day and 1 or 2 breastfeeding sessions

Im going to phase out the breastfeeding all together around 4 months as im planning on going back to work and the HV aint helping me by showing me how to express

I feel hes doing better on the bottle hes not as crabby and is sleeping better hes also started teething (dont know if that affects feeding)

I always put more in the bottle than she is going to drink just in case. At the min I put 6oz in and she drinks about 5 or 5 and a half. When she starts polishing 6 off Ill put 7 in and so on. She screws her face up and spits it out when shes had enough.

I tried yesderday with 7 ounces and he slept 9 hours solid which I am more than happy about he is also finishing off the 7 ounces fine so il do what you suggest and go with 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->