Conception Confusion: How To Tell When I REALLY got pregnant?!

caitlyn062789

Reaction score
So before I begin I'd like to just say: Yes I did sleep with two different men in a closely related time frame. No, I don't make a normal practice of it and yes I do take responsibility for my decisions.

According to what I know I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and a few days.

When I initially did the math I was accepting of the fact that the man I slept with on the 23rd of June was the Father of my child.

After some discomfort with my dates, I began to back track. Roughly around the 28-29th of May I slept with another man. I had what I thought to be a period, but now am being told could have been implantation bleeding on June 9th.

If I conceived on the 23rd of June, the night I had sex, wouldn't I be a few weeks less pregnant? And if I conceived sometime after the end of May wouldn't I be a few weeks more?

I'm so confused. According to the math, I'm X amount of days pregnant which leads back to the first man but my due date says its the 2nd.

Can anyone help me sort this out? Is there ANY possibility that it could be the first man in May?

The sperm can live for upto 5 days do its difficult to say.

When was your last menstral period? How long are your cycles normally and what's you EDD from 12week US?

Presuming your due mid March, and your LMP was roughly 9th June, I'd say you conceived end June.

I'm not sure of my LMP, only the bleeding I experienced around the 9th. My cycles are roughly 28 days on the dot.

Based on my Ultrasound on October 31st I was 20w4d but again that puts me back at the beginning of June as getting pregnant.

Like I said before, if I did conceive the end of June wouldn't I be a few weeks less pregnant?

This is why I'm so confused lol. Nothing makes sense to me.

Pregnancy and how it works was never something that was really explained to me. I basically got, "You had sex, now you're pregnant and you'll have a baby in roughly about 40 weeks."

I didn't do the math, but...

Remember, you conceive at *already* 2 weeks pregnant. 40 weeks is based from date of LMP (assuming 28 day cycles). To make it even more confusing, it seems that people use "gestational age" as either the same thing (from LMP) or from actual existence of a possibly baby (from date of conception, aka "fetal age"). I'd clarify with your sonographer / provider, but my guess would be they're giving you dates assuming day 0 would be LMP, and day 14 would be conception.

https://www.scdhec.gov/health/mch/wcs/calculating-gestational-age.asp

What the PP said. Conception is calculated from 2 weeks before actual conception.

Intercourse on the 24th June fits perfectly with you being 24 + 3 pregnant.

If it was the first man. You'd be minimum 28weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->