Concert in aid of The Baby Loss Awareness Campaign

OMG im breaking my heart, that is one of the most heartfelt songs I have ever heard.

would be wonderfull if you could get him, if not to play this as everyone is lighting the candles might be good, emotional, but good.

Im happy to usher.... or anything needed, ill be in London from the night before so can help with anything you need.

Lx

That would be amazing hon! I will add you to the usher list. We have access to the theatre from 2pm on the day so I think it will be all hands on deck from then... why are you sad hon? :hugs:

Does anyone fancy trying to blag some pink and blue balloons, helium for said balloons and some ribbon and weights? Might look nice in the foyer and perhaps some in the theatre...

J xx

I'm happy to come down at 2pm on the day and help out prior to the concert starting Peach, Not sure I'll be the best usher once it starts though, and at almost 27wks gone I also wouldn't want to upset anyone that was coming after a recent loss, waddling to show them to their seat.

Ah, bless you. Thanks Kota! If we manage to blag some balloons then I'll need help filling them with helium and positioning them! It'll be a nice sit down job for you! :hugs: xx

Wow, just listened to this song... It is beautiful... Had to stop it as I was at my desk and started welling up. Have emailed him to see if he'll sing at the concert.
https://lifeafterloss.oswaldtheband.com/index.php

Oh my, didn't even get to the end of teh first line before I had tears.
what a beautiful moving song. :cry:

Ah, bless you. Thanks Kota! If we manage to blag some balloons then I'll need help filling them with helium and positioning them! It'll be a nice sit down job for you! :hugs: xx

Sounds good! will be happy to be balloon filling girl! :thumbup:

Wow, just listened to this song... It is beautiful... Had to stop it as I was at my desk and started welling up. Have emailed him to see if he'll sing at the concert.
https://lifeafterloss.oswaldtheband.com/index.php

Oh my, didn't even get to the end of teh first line before I had tears.
what a beautiful moving song. :cry:

Its lovely isn't it. Haven't heard from his agent. Will try again on Monday. :hugs:

I've blagged 100 pink and blue balloons plus some ribbon. Just need to try and get some helium for free now... :happydance:

Balloons and ribbon arrived today! Have also blagged some weights so they don't float off and some charity collections tubs.

Michael Mckell has said that he'll perform which is very lovely of him. Other people performing are Lizzy Renihan (King and I, Les Mis, Cats, Starlight Express), Sophie Shaw (singer for Blue Harlem) and some other people from various channels of acquaintance. I think its going to be a really great night.

Kim Medcalf has said that she will sing if she is available! (Sam from Eastenders for anyone who doesn't know who she is!)

:hugs: to everyone.

That would be amazing hon! I will add you to the usher list. We have access to the theatre from 2pm on the day so I think it will be all hands on deck from then... why are you sad hon? :hugs:

Does anyone fancy trying to blag some pink and blue balloons, helium for said balloons and some ribbon and weights? Might look nice in the foyer and perhaps some in the theatre...

J xx

I was just sad (well not so much sad as emotional) listening to that song.

Brill, looking forward to "usshing" or whatever the word is... lok

You are doing fantastic and I agree I think it will be a truely memorable and great night....

More special for me as I was due on the 7th Oct...x

Hello everyone,

Just had a meeting with my SIL about the concert. She is sorting out the programme. Think its going to be a very special night. Songs will include Let's Do It (Victoria Wood), In the arms of the Angels (City of Angels), You are not alone (from in to the woods not Michael Jackson) and many more lovely songs. Very excited about it all.

Borntobemum, I'm looking forward to you ushering! ;) xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pkhoae8Le8

Thinking of inculding this song in the concert... What do people think? Its from a musical called 'City of Angel' (not the film).

hmmmm.. they lyrics are nice, but its very .. slow, I like the other ones more,
Just my opinion though...

whatever happens, I'm gonna need tissues in my bag!

Kinda agree with Kota, its lovely song, words are very true, but it is really quite slow, think there needs to be some upbeat songs in there as well.

iykwim

Thanks for your input ladies. We will be having some ballads in the concert, but also some upbeat numbers. I'll have a chat to my SIL about the balancing of them though. Perhaps some of you ladies could suggest some feel good songs you'd like to hear at the concert to make sure we're on the right track. xxx

How about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2jSiY-Vo8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTnuNRh6_k

XXX

Thanks MrsJD. We're trying to stay away from Michael Jackson songs... mainly because they're really hard to do well!! But if I can find some one who can sing an MJ song well I'll put one in! :)

This is the current running order for the concert... please bear in mind that this is provisional and songs are yet to be confirmed etc.

Act One

Opening underscoring and speech by compere 5mins

Candle lighting ceremony (video of song playing) 7-10 mins

Opening company number TBC 4 mins Possibly- Let's talk dirty to the animals by Gilda Radna

Renihan Sisters bitterly introduce the Young and pretty Thomas Sisters 2 mins

Without You, Carpenters ( Thomas Sisters) 4 mins

We Ain't Dead Yet , (up tempo country number) ( Renihan Sisters ) 4 mins

Get Here (forget words) Grainne solo (eldest Renihan Sister) 2 mins

Gowri Motha Solo 4 mins

Reading from Inconceivable By Ben Elton 3 mins

Let's do it tonight (Victoria Wood) Duet 5 mins

Act Two
Michael McKell Solo 4 mins

A comedy reading 3 mins

Sophie Shaw Solo 4 mins

You Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story) Optional Song 4 mins

Changed For Good from Wicked (vocal duet with acoustic guitar) Optional Song 4 mins

Poem By Jessica Chu 1 min

Rainbow Sleeves Grainne Renihan Solo 4 mins

No One Is Alone from Into The Woods with acoustic guitar 5 mins

In The Arms Of The Angels The Shaw,Renihan and Thomas Sisters with film by Joe Shaw 5 mins

Encore- Let's Do It!

Looks good!!

Random song thought. Movie Charlottes Web, where the little girl is singing to the piglet at the very start, a beautiful song lyrics below, if you could get someone to sing that as well it could quite possibly suit the theme,

There must be something more to us than you and me
It must be tangled up some how, its destiny
I used to think the sum of one and one was two
But we add up to more me and you

When we are close together it’s so plain to see
Together we are better than we used to be
I don’t know how to say the things I’m thinking of
But this something more I’m feeling must be love

(INSTRAMENTAL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWv5BJAKTa8&NR=1

Looks good!!

Random song thought. Movie Charlottes Web, where the little girl is singing to the piglet at the very start, a beautiful song lyrics below, if you could get someone to sing that as well it could quite possibly suit the theme,

There must be something more to us than you and me
It must be tangled up some how, its destiny

When we are close together it’s so plain to see
Together we are better than we used to be

(INSTRAMENTAL)

Wow, I'd totally forgotten that movie!! What a lovely song. I'll forward it to my sil and see if we can fit it in somewhere. It could be a lovely duet possibly.

Hope you're ok.

xxx :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"