Confess: Have you started packing yet?

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I found a suitcase in my basement today and got a sudden urge to start packing it already lol.

I'm always desperate to do that! I plan to try and hold off until about 35 weeks tho if I can!! Xx

Without packing it, I started buying stuff off my list everytime I go to the drug store...like pads, travel size shampoo and soap, etc.

I am having my baby at home, so I won't be packing. But I was packed by 30 weeks with 1 and 2. ;-)

Yes and No.
I have only set aside a couple things I will be putting in my bags.
I went CRAZY last time. So I am going to keep it simple. I am no more aware of what the hospital provides and what it doesn't.

I will begin soon. I am 29weeks +3 now. so Soooon. :D

I'm making a list. Last birth I needed a catheter because I wouldn't stop hemorrhaging so I am bringing nightgowns in case it happens again. A few other things I could have used last time that I didn't think to pack.

I won't pack until probably 36 weeks - I'll be having another c-section around 39 weeks. I WAY overpacked with my first baby, and didn't need half the stuff I brought. This time I'm going to take more advantage of the things the hospital provides - I brought pads with me, but ended up really liking the one my hospital gave me. I even brought diapers for the baby (stupid!) but the hospital gave us LOADS free. The main things I'm going to pack are soft nightgowns, shampoo, conditioner, good lotion, etc.

I'm also going to get a blowout, manicure and pedicure the day before :)

Not quite yet but past 30 weeks I'll be tempted :D With my tendency to have overdue babies though I'm not sure why I torture myself, I could probably pack my hospital bag on my due date and be fine lol!!

I'm 31 weeks In a couple days and only just started buying stuff for my hospital bag a few days ago lol. I don't plan to pack until I'm about 35-36 weeks and i'll be having a section at 39 weeks.

SORELY tempted. I wound up raiding the nightgowns I bought for myself last night since DS was/is sick and I needed a quick cover... Yeah... WAY too short. So that tells me I need to reinvent the wheel with how I'm packing.

I'm so tempted! Trying to hold off until 30 weeks though. I keep getting the urge to buy stuff to pack, but I'm resisting temptation. :haha:

Lol, no! I'm awful. I pack while in labor every time. One of these days, I'm gonna end up delivering on the side of the road because I spend so much time getting ready to go the hospital, which is over an hour away from me. ;)

I did take my rolling suitcase out of storage a month ago big it's just sitting in the babies room empty. I'm sure I will start getting things ready in a month or so. Probably start making the list for DH too in case I need help or I'm not home.

Maybe if I was farther away from the hospital I would, but since I am right down the road I'll probably just throw stuff into my bag. But I have been buying travel stuff here and there incase I have to stay over night.

So as this is our first child, we have no idea what to pack in a hospital bag, either for me or for the baby. Can you ladies please enlighten me? I could look it up online, but I don't want to over or under pack and I figured there might be a few things that I would never even think of to bring.

I haven't, though I am only 25 weeks pregnant. We're purchasing things little by little each month and will be starting doing that for the hospital things next pay check.

So planning on packing the things we will buy until then (flannels, pads, scrunchy etc.), but other things like camera/videocamera/etc. will be putting in more last minute since I use those on a daily basis.

So as this is our first child, we have no idea what to pack in a hospital bag, either for me or for the baby. Can you ladies please enlighten me? I could look it up online, but I don't want to over or under pack and I figured there might be a few things that I would never even think of to bring.

-camera
-videocamera
-phone
-charger
-ipad/reader/book/magazines
-earphones
-hair tie
-shampoo/showergel
-witchhazel
-(spray) bottle for vagina
-slippers (for in the shower?)
-pads (the special ones for after delivery)
-snacks for OH
-snacks for you
-beverages for both of you
-change of clothes for OH
-makeup
-towel
-(favorite) pillow/nursing pillow
-nipple cream
-lip balm
-breast pads
-hair brush/flat iron/curling iron (hey you never know lol!)
-going home outfit for mommy
-possible birth plan
-i.d. etc.

for baby:
-cotton wool/flannel for diaper changes
-diapers
-going home outfit
-clothes
-hats/mittens
-(receiving) blanket
-carseat
-handprint/footprint items if you want

I advice against going with any formula, or pacifiers if you plan on breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->