Confirmation Appt

MoldyVoldy

Khaleesi
Reaction score
This afternoon is my appointment to confirm pregnancy. I am SO nervous.

I'm assuming a urine test, blood test, and maybe an ultrasound since I am not 100% on dates.

Wish me good luck and good thoughts please?

If you're not sure on dates, you'll definitely be referred for a dating ultrasound, but it probably won't happen today. I saw my doctor at 6 weeks and a couple days (don't remember exactly now), and I just had the dating ultrasound I was referred for today, at 11+5. (My due date was confirmed exactly!)

If you're sure you're pregnant and you've had strong positives on home tests, your doctor may not ask for a urine sample to test at all. Mine didn't. You'll probably do bloods to get your hormone and nutrient levels, though. You'll get the results from that in a couple days / next appointment. Some doctors continue to draw blood on a regular basis, others don't. (Mine liked the numbers she saw the first round and hasn't drawn since.)

Good luck!

Awesome info, thank you!

I'm taking all of my tests with me �� Plus the digital I took this morning.

Congratulations!!!!! And good luck!!!!! The practice I see does an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and does another ultrasound about 2 weeks later. They don't do urine or bloods, so I always think it's so strange when people get urine and bloods done and no ultrasound! :)

I'm hoping for an ultrasound to confirm and then bloods to see the numbers. haha

I hope your appointment went well! My doctor usually does an early scan if there was any bleeding or if you're unsure of dates, however she doesn't do it same day. She had me come back for a scan later and just had me do the bloodwork/exam the day of my initial consultation. A different doctor I went to in my previous pregnancies did the ultrasound same day though so I think that'll depend upon the practice you go to.

My appointment went well :) Ultrasound showed nothing yet but after a second blood draw 48 hours later my hcg had almost doubled. So after another 48 I had another draw and i get those results today :) Depending on what those results are, I will have another ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks to see if there has been any progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->